May 21, 2010

Emotions to Love

Banner By: Andrea
Title: Emotions to Love
Rating: PG-13
Author: Reportergirl13
Fandom: Smallville
Pairing: Oliver/Chloe
Word Count: 795
Prompt: “I hate to see her go, but I love to watch her leave.” Fandom_Fridays Week #25



It didn't take a genius to realize she was angry with him. He just wasn't sure what he'd done this time. Then again he still wasn't sure what he'd done the other times either. Oliver was perched on her desk hands crossed lightly over his chest watching her in amusement.

Chloe Sullivan was many things; intelligent, beautiful, quick witted, caring, passionate, hardheaded and the list went on and on. Oliver loved every part of her, every emotion, every facial expression, every quirk, but nothing topped her being angry.

It probably made him sound like some kind of masochist, but when Chloe was angry, she was the sexiest creature alive. It was like every part of her came together to form this tiny 5'3" pistol. Cheeks flushed, fire in her eyes, demand in her voice...it made him weak in the knees.

Sometimes he even did things he knew would upset her so he could see the flicker of defiance and lethal look in her eyes. Oh yes there was definitely something wrong with him. But this time he honestly hadn't done anything to upset her, at least not that he could think of.

His brows furrowed in thought and her piercing voice that was closer than he'd expected it to be startled him.

"OLIVER, are you even listening to me?"

He glanced at her, eyes shooting daggers in his direction and he swallowed hard and nodded, trying not to show any fear. She was like Lois. She could smell it a mile away.

"'Course I was Sidekick."

She arched one perfectly sculpted eyebrow, slowly crossing her arms over her chest causing her cleavage to loom over the edge. His eyes drifted down briefly before they snapped back up. He gave her a nervous smile as she spoke slowly.

"So it's okay with you then?"

He opened his mouth and closed it as she waited for his answer. Shit, what had she been going on about? It's times like these where Oliver really wished he was better at multi-tasking. He nodded his head and gave her an earnest look.

"Yes, of course I'm okay with it."

She clucked her tongue and he watched her nod.

"Really?"

"Yes, anything you want."

Oliver smiled thinking for once he'd finally managed to back himself out of a corner. That was until he saw the look on her face. He was guessing that had been the wrong answer. She walked over to the table and grabbed her purse. He frowned and reached out to her as she went to walk by him.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I said Bruce wanted to know if you'd mind us getting together and having hot monkey sex. So I'm going to tell him you said you’re fine with it."

His eyes widened.

"What? It's not fine and when did he say that? I'm pretty sure that I made it quite clear the other night that you were off limits!"

Oliver froze, panicked eyes meeting Chloe's as a satisfied smirk slid across her face. Well shit, he walked right into that. She folded her arms against her chest again, voice inquisitive.

"Something you want to tell me Oliver?"

"Uh...no?"

"You don't sound too sure."

He sighed.

"Fine, so I told Bruce to stay away from you. Big deal. He was getting grabby the last time we saw him and you're mi…"

"Be very careful how you finish that sentence Mr. Queen."

He blew out a long breath and continued.

"You’re my girlfriend. Better? And I just don't like him thinking he can have whoever he wants. This is why you're angry at me? Because I told Bruce to back off?"

The irritation was back on her face as she threw her hands up in the air.

"I'm angry because it was unprofessional Oliver. We're trying to get him to join the team and you're making it more difficult. What does it matter if he hits on me? It's not like I'm some bimbo that's going to fall into his arms."

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I know that. Look I'm sorry okay? I won't do it again."

She nodded.

"You're right, you won't."

She started moving around him again and his brow creased.

"Where are you going? I thought we had plans."

"We did, but you're going to spend the night alone and me, I'm going out with Lois."

"I'm being punished? That's absurd."

She shrugged.

"Maybe next time you'll think before you act."

She sent a wave his way. He hated to see her go, but he loved to watch her leave. The sway of her hips mesmerized him. Oliver shook his head, smirk on his face. Chloe was something else, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

8 comments:

  1. Jealous Ollie is always the best. And I love him being sidetracked by thinking about Chloe when she is fussing at him. I can totally see the look on his face as she walks away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally enjoyed this....hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!

    Poor Oliver, he walked right into that one :) And your banner is perfect for the fic, naughty, silly and jealous Oliver.

    We love him anwyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very insightful and fun. Cute how she knows when he's not paying attention. :D And I should really look before I start typing a mile a minute, that the keyboard I'm using isn't for the monitor I'm looking at :D. You're churning fic out and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm being punished? That's absurd."

    I don't know why this cracked me up, up it did. I think it's cause I can actually hear Ollie saying this. Haha!

    Another really cute fic. Really like how it's a nice, light moment, but it says alot about feelings under the surface. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Calie15-

    OMG I love jealous Ollie too. Mmm he's pretty haha. Thanks for reading and commenting! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Citygirl86-

    Woot! Glad you enjoyed it. Yay for the Chlollie love! :-)

    Joyblue-

    He really did walk right into that. I did that once to my ex and he just stopped dead and shook his head at me he was like "Shit, your so freaking devious it's not even funny." hahaha Glad you liekd the silly. We all need some silly somtimes!

    Kimmy-

    Hahaha that's funny. I've done that once or twice. It usually upsets me when I realize it haha cause then I have to start over with the typing. Really glad you enjoyed this love! :-)

    Novadelphine-

    You wanna hear something funny? Out of the entire story that's my favorite line too! I dunno why I think it's because I can sort of picture the look on his face as he's saying it. Sort of like amused indignition or something LOL. Really glad you enjoyed this! :-D

    -Corina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your Ollie always turn out funny and right on character (except of course if it's a drama fic). So yay super loved this again! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! :)