December 7, 2008

Three Minutes Chapter (12/18)

http://haveatit-reportergirl.blogspot.com/2008/12/three-minutes-chapter-13.html

Chapter 12



I was underground at an abandoned base in a large metal cage with one of the largest guys I’ve ever seen. I felt myself swirling around in the air before I was tossed clear across the room into a large metal ventilation system. Crap…that hurt…I pulled myself up slowly and looked across the cage to him…Titan is what they called him. I was bleeding from my lip and I could feel my body aching. I stared into his eyes and he snarled at me.

“Time to die, Kryptonian”

I held still as he charged me…it was now or never…


(Clark POV)

46 Hours Earlier…

It was mid afternoon and Lois was putting the finishing touches on mine and Chloe’s new bedroom. As I waited for Lois to finish up my mind drifted back to the night of Lex and Lana’s wedding.

After we had driven back to the Talon I helped Chloe upstairs. She threw her purse on the kitchen counter and leaned up against it.

“So…start talking…”

I sighed.

“Why don’t you go get changed and then come out here and we’ll talk…we’ll be here for a while…you should be comfortable…”

I saw the look on her face darken…but she nodded. While she was changing I super sped home and through on jeans and a t-shirt. I was back before she even came out of the room. When she reemerged she was wearing one of my flannels and it made me smile…God she’s beautiful…she grinned at me and sat down.

“What are you staring at Kent?”

I grinned.

“My wife…”

She smiled.

“Clark…we need to talk about it…you can’t keep putting it off…”

I nodded.

“I know…”

She moved over and curled into my side as I drapped an arm around her. I took a deep breath and began talking in a soft voice.

“I’ve been pushing you away lately and I’m sorry…I’ve…I’ve been so worried that I’m going to fail you…and I’m…not used to having someone I can lean on…I’m so used to taking everything on myself that I don’t really know how to…share it with others…I guess. When we got into that fight…and I said what I said Chloe…I swear to you it just came out wrong. I was having a bad day and everything felt like it was crashing down on me…”

I stopped and shook my head. She was listening without interrupting, waiting for me to continue.

“You were right though…you should be the person who makes it better when everything around me is falling apart…and you do.”

I held her hand tighter and she sat up a little with a frown.

“Clark…where here to be honest with each other…please don’t lie to me…don’t say what you think I want to hear...”

I shook my head.

“I’m not…when I included you in my little…breakdown you misunderstood why I categorized you with everyone else…you weren’t frustrating me….the fact that I couldn’t seem to keep you safe was what was bothering me…”

I looked down into her eyes and I saw her face soften.

“I love you so much Chlo and I’ve told you time and time again that I’d protect you from Lex and yet you’ve managed to get hurt twice already and each time I couldn’t do a damn thing about it…and I’m terrified that when it really counts…I won’t be able to save you…”

I knew she could hear the frustration in my voice but I didn’t care…tonight was about being honest and for once I was going to let everything I was feeling out…and hopefully Chloe would too…

She reached up and stroked my face gently.

“Clark…that’s why you’ve been pulling away from me? All this…fighting has been about your guilt…your fear?”

I looked away from her and nodded. I glanced back over when I heard her chuckling. I frowned. What was she laughing at? I’m being serious and she’s laughing at me…when she looked over and saw the look on my face she stopped laughing but the smile didn’t leave.

“Clark…you’ve spent all your energy lately feeling guilty…being scared something was going to happen to me…and that made you distance yourself…You do realize how ironic that is right? How were you planning on protecting me while I wasn’t speaking to you? Stalking?”

I chuckled and shook my head. Chloe always knew how to lighten the situation. To bad what I was about to tell her didn’t really have a light side.

“I guess you’re right…but I’m done with that…I’m hoping that you’ll come back to the farm soon…no pressure…I just…I’d like to keep an eye on you now that Lana and Lex are…officially together…I have a feeling that things will only be getting worse from here on out.”

The sadness was back in her eyes and I swallowed heavily. I really didn’t want to tell her this next part…it was going to kill me to see the look on her face…

“Chloe…there’s something I need to tell you…about Lana…”

She looked down and then back up at me.

“I know…you couldn’t talk her out of marrying Lex…obviously since there…you know got married.”

I shook my head, angled my body to hers, and took her hands in mine.

“Chloe…Lana knows…”

I heard her heartbeat quicken and the look on her face turned panicked.

“Oh my god…she knows your secret Clark? Oh god….what are we going to do she’s gonna tell Lex…”

I frowned and cut her off.

“No Chloe…that’s not what I meant. She doesn’t know my secret.”

I was quiet for a couple of minutes while I tried to figure out how to tell her and she just sat there on the edge of her seat waiting. I sighed…the only way was the blunt way.

“Lana knows about what Lex did to you…She knows he kidnapped you…she knows about 33.1…she knows why he kidnapped you…and…she still stayed with him. She’s…she’s helping him Chloe…or at least that’s the impression I got when I last spoke to her…”

I saw the horror on her face she pulled away from me and shot up from the couch shaking her head. Her eyes were tearing up and I could see the broken hearted look on her face. I stood up and tried to reach for her but she pulled back.

“No…no that can’t be right…she…she wouldn’t do that to me…she’s…she’s my best friend Clark…Lana wouldn’t betray me like that…you’re lying…tell me you’re lying!”

The last part of the sentence was said in a loud strangled voice. I looked at her with sad eyes.

“Chloe…I wouldn’t lie about something like this…I’m…I’m so sorry…”

I went to her again but she pushed me away and started yelling…I don’t think she was yelling at me she just…needed to get everything out.

“No…NO CLARK! You’re Lying…Lana would Never betray me…not even for Lex…she would NEVER have married him if she knew what was really going on…Never…”

Her voice grew softer and her harsh words started coming out as whispers and I moved into her again and she yelled and then her body deflated against mine…and she cried. I felt her body shaking and she broke down. I moved us over to the couch and she laid against me and clutched on to me like her life depended on it…I snapped out of my thought’s when I heard Lois’s frustrated voice.

“What?”

She glared at me.

“Smallville I have been calling you for the past five minutes…what the hell is wrong with you today? You’ve been spacing out on me all day.”

I shrugged.

“Sorry Lois…is it finished yet?”

She nodded.

“Yeah…I still don’t know how you managed to get that wall knocked down in less than two weeks but I have to give you credit. The room came out good. You ready to see how I decorated?”

I sighed and got up off the couch. I rubbed my face…thinking about that night…it gave me such a headache. We both talked some more before she cried herself to sleep…it was a very emotional night for both of us…

“Yeah…”

I followed her up the steps and she stopped in front of the door.

“Close your eyes.”

I glared at her but did as she said. She opened the door and led me into the room.

“Open!”

I opened my eyes and looked around. Oh wow…the room looked amazing. Chloe was gonna love this. I glanced over at Lois and she was standing there waiting for my reaction. I smiled wide.

“Lois…this is great…thank you so much…really.”

She waved me off and opened the set of sliding doors inside the room to show me how her side looked with the nursery side that I put together the other day.

“Don’t worry about it Smallville I did it for Chloe…and for me that girl needs to get her ass out of my apartment and my bed and come back home to her husband.”

I grinned.

“Finally something we agree on…”

She shook her head and went downstairs.

“Alright Smallville my work here is done…I gotta go pick up Chloe…we’re going baby shopping…we’ll swing by with her stuff when we’re done.”

I nodded and she left. My phone rang a couple of seconds later and it was Oliver he started telling me about a lead he got on something going on around here. I saw my mom walk in as I was finishing up my conversation.

“Thanks, Oliver. Yeah, I'll call you if I find anything. Bye.”

She had a newspaper in her hand and her face had a frown on it. She started reading it out loud to me with concern in her voice.

"Police are baffled over a recent string of bizarre citizens' arrests. Numerous career criminals have been mysteriously delivered to stations throughout the metro area, in most cases unconscious. Clark, do you know anything about this?”

I shrugged. No I didn’t and did I care? criminals were being dropped off at the police station…they were being taken off the street…I think that’s a good thing…

“Sounds like some bad guys have finally been brought to justice.”

She looked over at me and sighed. She shook her head at me her frown deepening.

“Well, some of them were hurt pretty badly. That sounds like a little more than justice.”

I shrugged . I got a glass of juice as I spoke to her my voice uncaring.

“They were meteor-infected and put up a fight.”

When she spoke again her voice was quiet and concerned.

“What if it had been Chloe Clark? She’s Meteor infected…does that give people the right to hurt her like they’ve hurt these people?”

I turned around and glared in my mother’s direction.

“Don’t say stuff like that mom. Chloe’s different she might be Meteor infected but she’s not a criminal and as long as I’m around she never will be…”

“I know you're trying to help, but you can't go about it this way. It's -- it's not right.”

I was getting frustrated with this conversation.

“You know what's not right, mom, is staying here and doing nothing when I could be out there making a difference. Now, I got to go. Oliver gave me a tip. I got to follow up on it.”

Her voice stopped me and I turned to face her.

“Clark... I know how difficult Lex and Lana's wedding has been for you and Chloe, and I know you’ve been spending all your free time trying to find out what he has planned for Chloe…but ever since that day, it's like you've become another person.”

I shook my head.

“Why? Because I'm not blinded to what’s going on with Lex and Lana anymore? That I’m finally trying to do something to stop them instead of sitting around waiting for the other shoe to fall?”

I heard my mom sigh again.

“I have to go…I’ve got to get on this information…I’ll see you later mom..”

And I walked out. I know my mom was just trying to help…but she needed to let Chloe and I deal with this in our own way…we were doing what we had to do in order to be ready for whatever Lex…and Lana were going to throw at us next…

(Chloe POV)

I had just gotten to The Daily Planet about ten minutes before I felt a huge gust of wind rush by me. I turned and there was Clark. He smiled at me but it was tight.

“Hey.”

“Hi…I thought you and Lois were going baby shopping?”

I laughed.

“We did when we left the store since we were already in Metropolis I told her to drop me off here and I’d have you pick me up later.”

He nodded. He leaned over and gave me a kiss then sat down in one of the chairs by my desk.

“Oh…well…can you do me a favor?”

I shook my head. Clark Kent and his favors…I quirked my eyebrow and smirked in his direction.

“I don’t know…what do I get out of it?”

He glanced up with a grin on his face while he waggled his eyebrows at me.

“How bout a night alone and uninterrupted with your husband?”

I chuckled.

“Pfft…that would be something you want…”

He gave me his best-hurt look.

“Jeez Chloe way to shoot a guy down…but while we’re on the subject…I have been feeling kind of…neglected in certain areas…”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“You can’t say it can you?”

He looked over my head then back at me.

“Say what?”

“Clark we’re married…and if you can’t open you’re mouth and actually say you want to have sex with me…then I refuse to have it. You’re a big boy now…you can say sex…Go ahead…come on Clark…say it.”

I saw his face turn somewhat red and I laughed. His voice came out whinny.

“Chlooe…”

“Nope…Clark Kent I swear…I’ll never sleep with you again if you don’t just grow up and say it.”

He gave me a frustrated sigh.

“Fine…I miss you Chloe…and I want…to make love to you…ok their now can we stop talking about this?”

I grinned.

“You are such…a baby. I really don’t know what the big deal is…it’s ok for you to want me…I want you too.”

He looked up and the grin was back. He pulled me over to him so I was between his legs.

“Yea?”

I nodded and had my hands against his legs.

“But…I mean…it’s not that I haven’t wanted to its just…Clark…”

I trailed off and spoke in a childish voice.

“I’m so fat! I can’t be naked in front of you when I look this gross…”

I had my head down and I could hear his soft chuckles and I hit him.

“Stop laughing! I’m being serious!”

I glared at him and he looked at me.

“I know…and that’s why it’s so funny…Chloe you have no idea how attractive you are like this…seriously I think you’re gorgeous…”

I smiled…then rolled my eyes.

“Ok..ok Casanova…you came here for a favor didn’t you?”

He smiled.

“Yes…you’re not off the hook with this discussion but yea I did. Oliver called me earlier and gave me a website to check out. he said something was up around here and he thought I might want to look into it.”

I nodded and moved away from him as he gave me the website. I typed in the website and password and a live video feed come up on the computer. I frowned at the screen. Oh my god…it was some kind of Meteor Freak fight club.

“Clark can you believe this? A krypto fight club on the internet? How come nobody else knows about this?”

He was leaning over my shoulder watching. His voice was hard.

“According to Oliver, getting the link and the password costs more than most people make in a year.”

I heard cheering and applause on the screen so I turned back to look at it. As we finished watching it this huge guy…I think the feed said his name was Titan, ended the fight by sliding a huge blade out of his armband and plunging a knife into his opponents back.

“Clark, he just killed that guy.”

He shook his head and his voice was tight when he spoke. I could almost feel the tension coming off of him. I started trying to trace where the video originated that way we could find out who was behind this.

“Chloe, I need you to trace the link back to the source.”

“I'm trying, but they're bouncing it off about a billion different proxy servers. I mean, whoever's running this operation made sure that no one would be able to find him. Didn't Oliver and your superpals give you anything else?”

He shook his head and moved away from the back of my chair. He came and stood in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest.

“It was a short conversation, Chloe. I was kind of busy this morning. All he said was he thought the location was somewhere nearby.”

I nodded.

“The security on this stream is off the charts. I mean, I can't record it, I can't download it. I can't...”

There was more clapping and an announcers voice started to speak, which made Clark, and I turn our attention back to the computer.

“ Hey, hey, fight fans! Your winner and still undisputed champion... the one, the only... Titan!”

Clark was squinting at the screen and he pointed.

“Freeze that frame. What is that?”

I glanced at the closeup of Titan. There was a clearly visible tattoo that looked like Kryptonian symbols to me…

“Clark…is that Kryptonian?”

He nodded his head and his voice seemed strained.

“It's a prison tattoo. Chloe, Titan isn't meteor-infected. He's from the Phantom Zone.”

Clark shook his head.

“I gotta go…see what I can find out about this. Will you keep looking into it for me?”

I gave him a small smile.

“Most defiantly.”

He leaned down and kissed me.

“But you’ll look into it from here…at your desk right?”

I rolled my eyes.

“Yes. Clark…no running around chasing bad guys for this sidekick…at least not for another few months.”

I grinned and he looked up at the sky then back at me.

“What am I gonna do with you Chlo?”

He kissed me again.

“And by the way…you’re not my sidekick…you’re my partner in crime…”

He grinned and super sped away. I smiled and shook my head. He’s nuts…but I love him despite his craziness…

(Lana POV)

Lex and I have been back from our honeymoon for about three days now and things have been winding down from the chaos of the last few weeks. I was sitting in the study at his desk watching him over a live feed on the computer. He wanted me to be apart of what was going on but he didn’t want me there at the moment because he didn’t want to take the chance that any of the Meteor freaks got lose and tried to hurt me…so thus the video feed. I was looking at him and he glanced into the camera.

“Can you hear me ok Lana?”

I smiled.

“Loud and clear Lex. What are we dealing with today? Is this the patient you were telling me about?”

He nodded.

“Yes…remember we gave her the first does of the serum before we left on our honeymoon?”

“I remember. How is it coming along? Is she waking up and becoming more alert?”

He walked around on the screen.

“Yes. She is receiving her last does today and should be fully functional by the time we need her. Lana…her power can help us harness all the Meteor infected people…that way we can have them cooperate with all our testing methods…even the more…unconventional ones…”

He looked excited and I chuckled.

“Well good. I’m glad you’re making progress. I’ve been reading over all the files you gave me on Chloe and I saw here that you were mixing something in with her prenatal vitamins…you’re not…hurting the baby…are you?”

My voice was hesitant and I saw him move the feed into a close up by his face. He spoke softly.

“Absolutely not. The serum that was being mixed into her vitamins was to offset the baby’s powers so that we can know when he’s born which powers Chloe got from him and which powers he got from her…nothing else.”

I looked down.

“Well that’s good…do you even know what powers Chloe has?”

I saw him shake his head.

“No…but I know some powers she’s been exhibiting since she’s been pregnant.”

He stopped talking and sighed a paper for someone.

“Well…you going to share? I’m curious.”

He chuckled.

“She has shown sighs of invincibility.”

My eyes widened.

“What?”

“I had someone plant a bomb with a timer in her car a while ago…the car exploded with her in it and she walked away without a scratch…but so far that’s it in the powers department. I’m setting up one last experiment…and it is going to involve bringing Chloe here…to me. Lana I am going to need you on board with this one…it’s big and I won’t be able to do it without you.”

I took a deep breath and nodded.

“What do I have to do?”

He smiled.

“You have to convince Clark that you made a mistake marrying me…I need you to keep him away from Chloe…that’s the only way I’ll be able to get to her. I need you to do whatever it takes…Play on Chloe’s insecurities. She’s with Clark but a part of her will always feel like you’re more important to him then she is…use that and make sure she sees it.”

Was he saying what I think he was saying? He wants me to try and seduce Clark? That’ll never work.

I shook my head.

“That’ll never work Lex…Clark won’t betray Chloe like that.”

I saw the smirk on Lex’s face.

“Chloe’s been in a very unstable place lately…and with our wedding and you’re little discussion with Clark…she now knows where your loyalties lie…I can’t imagine she’s been taking it well. Clark doesn’t have to betray her Lana…she only has to think he has…”

I smiled. When Lex first told me about his plan a while ago…I didn’t think it was going to work. But now…I was sure it would. Chloe and Clark want nothing more than to think I’m confused…and that I made a mistake…They’d buy it if I played it just right…and then Lex would have what he wanted and me…I’d have the answers I’ve been waiting for…




















Chapter 12 Part B

(Chloe POV)


I was sitting in Lois’s apartment surfing the web when my cell phone rang. I was so engrossed in what I was reading that I didn’t bother to look at the caller id. My voice was distracted as I spoke.

“Hello…”

“Chloe…where the hell are you?”

I shook my head and focused on the phone call. My voice had frustration in it.

“Who is this?”

I heard an un-amused snort on the other end of the line.

“That’s not funny Chloe. It’s me…Clark…your husband…remember me?”

I smiled obviously it was Clark I realized that now…who else would call me in such a tizzy.

“Vaguely…what’s up?”

His voice was irritated and I could tell he was trying to keep it in check.

“Again…where…are...you? I came back to The Planet and they said you left over two hours ago…what happened to me picking you up from here?”

Opps…had we said that? I don’t remember that…

“Oh…I’m sorry Clark I must have forgotten…even though I really don’t remember saying that. I’m at the Talon…I…Clark…Clark are you there?”

Before I could say anything else Clark super sped through the door and knocked over my coffee in the process. I shook my head and sighed.

“Clark... slow down. I don't have enough money to hire a full-time maid to clean up every time you decide to blow in.”

He obviously didn’t find that amusing because he went right into why he was here. He made me extremely mad when he got like this. I leaned back in my chair with my arms folded across my chest waiting for him to realize I was not happy with him.

“What did you find?”

His eyes still hadn’t made direct contact with mine and my voice was clipped when I spoke.

“The URL and the password that Oliver gave you are both null and void, which means that the fight-club promoters must be rotating them in order to maximize security and profit.”

He paced frustrated and the room boomed when his voice got a notch higher. He was yelling

“You have nothing!”

It got quiet and he finally turned and looked at me. He looked at my body language and his body seemed to deflate. His voice was dull.

“I’m doing it again.”

I nodded and he walked over to me and got down in front of me. He sought out my eyes and spoke when he finally caught them.

“Points for realizing it this time before either one of us got up and left?”

His voice seemed so hopeful that I cracked a small smile.

He gave me half a smile and spoke.

“I’m sorry Chlo…I wasn’t able to find anything and I’m just frustrated which I shouldn’t be taking out on you…so hi.”

He gave me a kiss and when he pulled back I nodded and mumbled.

“That’s more like it…you big dumb intergalactic traveler”

He smiled and I spoke up.

“Besides you know I always have something up my sleeve. I'm starting to think that super-sleuthing might be my latent krypto power.”

He didn’t look amused.

“Let’s not joke about krypto powers Chloe…”

I shrugged. I turned back to my computer and started telling Clark what I found.

“Okay, so it turns out that our Billy Idol look-alike is actually a meteor-infected Belle Reve resident. Now, this is the weird thing. After he was killed in that cage, he was returned back to his padded cell. The orderlies found his body this morning.”
He looked thoughtful and then spoke.

“So if we find who got him in and out of the hospital, he'll lead us straight to the fight club... and to Titan.”

I nodded and smiled up at him.

“Already on it. See? Your sidekick isn't completely useless.”

He kissed the top of my head and plopped down in the chair next to me with a sigh.

“Again…you’re not my sidekick…you’re my partner in crime..”

I grinned.

“Yeah yeah…”

I saw Clark rub his hand down his face. He looked tired.

“I'm sorry I snapped, Chloe. I'm just worried that Titan might be a bigger threat than I thought. Your friend down at Metropolis precinct helped me find these.”

He took out a portfolio of photographs from a pocket inside his jacket. He set them down on the table in front of me. They were awful…so much blood. He continued to talk and his voice was strained.

“It's Titan's victims. They were all found between a crater outside of Omaha, where I think he landed, and Metropolis.”

I scrunched up my face and noticed the wound marks on all the victims were the same.

“He left the same wound on all the bodies, and -- and they're all fighters.”

He nodded and leaned up a bit.

“I know why -- the tattoo on Titan's arm. From what I could tell, it said he was a warrior, enhanced for combat. Ever since he's been here, he's been looking for a fight.”

It dawned on me as I glanced at Clark.

“What better challenge for a brawl-loving Zoner than a rumble at a krypto fight club?”

He put his out to the side and nodded before leaning back in the chair. I saw him take a quick glance around the room.

“Where’s Lois?”

“She had a meeting with her editor.”

He smiled.

“So…we’re all alone?”

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. He wasn’t serious. I glanced back over at him and apparently he was very serious.

“Clark…we have to figure this Titan thing out…we don’t have time for this right now…”

He got out of his seat and came over to me. He started to kiss me as he spoke in a low voice.

“We are…were looking for leads on this guy…Chloe…I need you so bad…you know what…”

He moved back for a second so he could look in my eyes as he spoke.

“It’d probably even make my concentration better…”

He was nodding and moving closer and I grinned. We were kissing and right when his hand started to go south Lois walked through the door with a frustrated sigh. Clark shook his head and leaned it on my stomach. His voice was mumbled when he spoke.

“I just can’t catch a break…”

I chuckled and ran my hands through his hair. I leaned my head down and whispered to him.

“We’ll finish this later…when all this is taken care of…I promise.”

He nodded and moved away from me. Lois finally looked over and noticed we were there. She came over and started complaining.
“Hey. Can you believe this? I couldn't find proof of the chupacabra in the everglades, so now my editor wants to downsize me. If I don't come up with an article in the next 48 hours, I can say adios to my weekly paycheck.”
Clark and I looked at her without speaking. She glanced around the table and noticed my laptop out and all the scattered papers laying around. She sighed then perked up.
“Is that a story?”

Crap! I shook my head

“No.”

She came over and sat by me. Her look was desperate.
“Okay, look, normally I would be hands-off, but this puppy needs a bone. Please, cuz. I'll owe you big-time.”

I shrugged.

“I’d help if I could but there's no story for the Inquisitor here, Lois. It's just a dead end.”

Clark chimed in.

“I'm sure after a shower and a cappuccino, you'll come up with something in no time.”

I almost laughed out loud…a shower…who says that but I went along with it anyway.

“Clark's right. We'll give you some room.”

I got my stuff together and Clark grabbed my sweater for me and I smiled and waved at her before we walked out shutting the door behind us. I didn’t mind helping Lois out with her stories every once in a while but giving her a story that involves Clark…not so much…I’d like it if my husband wasn’t front-page news…

(Lois POV)

I watched the door as they left and shook my head. The two of them were so weird sometimes. I sighed and spoke to the empty apartment.

“I could have used a little help.”

I looked down and picked up one of the pictures on the table that I guess they’d been looking at. I glanced at it for a few minutes and then grinned.

"Fr-44. Fort Ryan, hangar 44.”

Guess I had a story after all…I got dressed for the part and took off to fort Ryan…

I walked into hanger 44 at the base wearing a full-length red leather suit. I was just walking in when some chick spoke from behind me. It’s cool…my motto…always have a backup plan.

“Hey, Puss in Boots. Where you going?”

I turned and looked at her.

“Whoa. Hey, my car overheated on the way to work, and I just needed some water for my radiator.”

She eyed me suspiciously.

“What are you all dressed up for, kitten?”
I grinned at her.

“I'm a dancer... at the Phoenix.”

She raised an eyebrow at me.

“Strip club down the road?”

I nodded.

“Yeah. Look, I go onstage in 15 minutes. I could sure use your help.”

Her voice came out curious.

“This place... is a little off the beaten path. How'd you even know we were back here?”

I shrugged.

“My dad's a General. Before the base was mothballed and sold off, I came here all the time with him.”

She gave me a condescending smile.

“A General, huh? I bet he's proud of how his little girl turned out.”

I smirked at her and chuckled. As I spoke I moved closer to her and smiled seductively. I didn’t stop until we were toe to toe.

“Hmm. Come on... help a girl out? I'll leave your name at the front door. You can watch my act. I do a killer stars-and-stripes routine.”

Her voice was lower now and she tilted her head and grinned at me.

“I've always been a sucker for a girl in boots.”

I winked and brushed against her lightly.

“Lucky me.”

She ran her hand down my arm and spoke saucily before leaving the area I was in.

“Wait right here, kitten. I'll be right back.”


As soon as she left I pulled out my digital camera and started snapping picture of all the video equipment and the bloodstains inside he life size cage. I turned around with my camera and came face to face with the blonde chick…holding me at gun point…Great…how do I always get myself in these kinds of situations.

Her voice was amused and cold at the same time.

“You're a very nosy girl, kitty cat.”

I took that moment to swipe at the gun she was carrying and through a roundhouse punch before she could even blink. Top that bitch…

She looked up and spoke with a glare on her face.

“Pretty nice moves... for a stripper.”

No more time to pretend I gotta get out of here.

“Oh, honey, I learned even better ones as an army brat.”

She threw a punch and we started fighting. I finally knocked the bitch unconscious. As I was standing over her I spoke to her unconscious form.

“For your information, my daddy is proud of me... kitty cat.”

I turned around and now there was a guy standing there with the gun aimed at me. Damn…spoke to soon. He chuckled.

“If you were my little girl, I'd be proud of you, too.”

Crap…I’m in trouble…

(Lex POV)

I was sitting at my desk looking at a list of my 33.1 facilities. Next to most of the locations were blinking red lights that said “compromised” next o it. I shook my head. Dammit! Granted I had what I needed with me here in Smallville and Metropolis and I was never o far from either but still the 33.1 facilities did serve a purpose and that green arrowed freak was destroying everything.

I heard the door open and saw Lana walk in. I smiled. She has been helping me none stop since we came back from the honeymoon. When she saw I was looking at her she grinned.

“Hey.”

“Hey…I thought you were napping.”

She nodded.

“I was but I decided to come see what my husband was up to…is that ok with you?”

Her voice was playful and I chuckled.

“Absolutely.”

I gave her a hesitant look.

“I was actually just checking on the status of some of the 33.1 facilities…the green arrow and his merry men have been doing quiet a number on them.”

She frowned and rubbed her stomach.

“Well…that’s…disappointing. How many have they hit?”

“Most of them by now.”

She nodded and her voice was thoughtful.

“I suppose you have to look at the bright side…at least while they are distracted with this they aren’t getting into the more important project.”

I smiled. I love this woman. I opened up a feed from one of the locations and saw the green arrow right before he pointed and shot his crossbow at the camera and it went blank…the picture turned to static. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lana move to come closer to see what I was watching and she faltered. I glanced up and she was holding her stomach with a look of pain on her face. I stood up.

“Lana?”

Her voice was strained and full of pain. She gasped as she looked at me.

“Lex…Please…Please.”

She fell to the ground just as I reached her side. I was frantic. What the hell was happening…what do I do?

“Lana. Lana. Oh, my God.”

She looked at me and her voice was soft and I could here the pain leaking from her voice.

“There's something wrong…with…the baby..”

She was writhing in pain and then I felt her go limp against me. I held her in my arms and screamed frantically to the security team.

“Somebody help me! Someone! HELP ME NOW!!!”
There were people rushing into the study from every direction. I heard someone calling an ambulance but all I could do was sit there and hold Lana. Oh god…what would I do if she and the baby weren’t ok? I don’t think I’ve ever cared about another person this much in my life…She’s like…the other half to my soul…oh god…

I felt someone grabbing me away from her and I kept trying to move back to her. I was yelling telling everyone in the room I’d get them fired or worse if they didn’t let me near her. It was a rough couple of minutes that felt like hours. When she was finally loaded into the ambulance and I was sitting next to her holding her hand they took off to the hospital.

I sat there with my head leaning on her hand and for the first time since I was a boy I prayed. I’ve done some terrible things in my life…and I deserve to be punished for them…but Lana doesn’t…she’s a good woman…a wonderful wife…and she’ll make an even better mother. Don’t take this away from her…away from me. I need them…

































Chapter 12 Part C

(Clark POV)


Chloe’s been sitting at the kitchen table for what felt like hours going through file after file on her computer. I was standing against the counter waiting for something…anything. All of a sudden I heard her voice. It had a happy jaunt to it.

“So, how much do you love me?”

I raised an eyebrow and spoke playfully to her.

“It depends…you got anything for me?”

She grinned.

“I think I found our Vince McMahon wannabe, and he has total access to an endless supply of meteor freaks. Meet Richter Maddox, Executive Administrator at Belle Reve.”

I smiled and moved over to her. I knew if anyone could do it, it would be Chloe.

“How's this guy keeping Titan locked up in Belle Reve?”

She turned to face me and shook her head.

“Actually, our jolly mean giant isn't in the Belle Reve yearbook. He must be freelancing.”

I paced back and forth. If Titan wasn’t in Belle Reve that must mean he was taking people off the street who wanted to fight…that could work in our favor.

“So Maddox isn't just pulling fighters from the hospital, he's using outside talent? If I can talk my way into that ring, I'll find Titan.”

I saw Chloe’s eyes go wide. Her voice was urgent.

“Clark, these bouts are televised live. You can't risk showing people your face.”

I nodded.

“I know Chloe…but what else can we do? I need to get in there. I have to stop Titan…maybe once I’m inside there will be a way I can short circuit the video equipment…we’ll figure it out because I don't have a choice. if I don’t stop him more people will die…because of me.”

I heard her sigh. Her voice was soft but concerned.

“Clark, he can kill you.”

I gave her a hard look.

“Not if I kill him first.”

She stood up in frustration.

“Clark this isn’t a game! It’s not some kind of a joke. You go in the rink half-cocked and you’re gonna get yourself killed! Maybe you should just wait a little longer until we know more…”

My face softened and I shook my head as I walked over to her and rubbed her arms.

“The longer I wait the more people that die…hey…Chloe look at me.”

And she did. Her eyes were watery and I wiped away a fallen tear.

“Don’t cry…everything will be fine…I’ll be fine. I’m gonna win I know it.”

She sniffed.

“How could you know that?”

I gave her a lopsided grin.

“Because I have to much to live for right here to lose this fight. I have a beautiful wife and a son whose gonna be just as wonderful as she is…”

She smiled at me and leaned up to kiss me. We kissed for a few more minutes before I left her at the farm and went to find Maddox. I was finally gonna get a chance to get my frustrations out…I always had to be so careful not to hurt people…but this zoner…Titan…I was gonna rip him to shreds…

(Lana POV)

I woke up to a loud beeping sound. What is that? I opened my eyes and looked around the room and frowned. What was going on…how’d I get here. I glanced over by the door and saw Lex outside in the hallway speaking to doctor Rhinehouse. I pulled myself out of bed slowly so that I could get to him. I called out and I heard the scratchiness of my own voice.

“Lex.”

I accidentally knocked down a tray of food, which made Lex and the doctor immediately look over into the room. I saw his eyes go wide and he rushed into the room.

“Lana.”

He moved over and held me tight before helping me back into bed. Dr. Rhinehouse walked over and smiled at me before speaking.

“Mrs. Luthor, you shouldn't get out of bed yet.”

Lex nodded with a look of worry on his face. He leaned close to me and I held onto his hand.

“Lana, you just passed out. You're at Smallville Medical Center.”

I looked around and then my eyes frantically searched Lex’s.

“Is the baby all right?”

“Dr. Rhinehouse was in the area and when I explained what happened he rushed here right away.”

The doctor nodded. They didn’t answer my question…oh god….does that mean…

“You're going to be fine, Mrs. Luthor. You just need to get some rest.”

I repeated myself a little harsher then I meant to.

“Is the baby all right?”

I saw Lex look at doctor Rhinehouse and nod. He glanced at me and spoke softly.

“Mrs. Luthor…the baby is going to be fine…we ran some test to see why this happened and we’re just waiting on the results. It would be best though, if for the remainder of your pregnancy you’re on bed rest. You can get up for four hours at the most per day and the rest of the time you must be in bed unless you have to se the facilities of course.”

He glanced over at Lex.

“Maybe you could higher someone to help Lana while you aren’t around. We want to make sure the rest of this pregnancy goes smoothly and in order to do that you must follow my instructions.”

I nodded.

“Of course we will. Thank you so much doctor.”

He nodded and left Lex and I alone. Lex moved over and kissed me. His face was creased.

“I was so worried…I though I was going to lose you and the baby…I’ve never been so scared in my life.”

I smiled.

“We’re both fine now Lex.”

He nodded.

“Listen…after all this I was thinking that maybe until the baby is born we could keep you’re involvement with things limited. I don’t want this happening again.”

I frowned but nodded.

“Your right…I can’t still watch the feeds and everything though…right?”

He smiled.

“Of course we’ll get you set up in the bedroom with everything you need and there will be someone with you at all times if you need anything else. I won’t have anything happening to you so we’re going to take every precaution to keep the two of you safe and sound.”

I grinned at the sincerity in his voice. I was so happy to have Lex. We could have lost the baby…I don’t know what I would have done if that had happened…Thank god I have Lex…

(Clark POV)

I got to Belle Reve just in time to see Maddox leaving through a side door of the building. Before he had a chance to get to his car I intercepted him. He turned his head and gasped.

“Oh! You scared me. Where did you come from?”

I gave him an evil smirk.

“You wouldn't believe me if I told you.”

He gave me a frustrated look and shook his head.

“I've had a long day, so if you're looking to check in, the admitting desk is in the front lobby.”

I got in his face and my voice was hard.

“I'm looking for you, Mr. Maddox. I want to fight.”

He gives me a confused look and then back up. Hmm he played innocent pretty good…but not good enough.

“Oh. What did I do to you?”

I shook my head and gave him a stern look. My voice came out low.

“No. I mean I want to be in your fight club.”
His jaw dropped and I smiled on the inside…didn’t expect that did ya…he chuckled nervously and then seemed to pull himself together.

“Uh, you must have me confused with someone else. It happens. I have that kind of face.”

I glared and gave him a menacing look as I grabbed onto his shirt.

“I know about the fight club. I know you're not only using patients from Belle Reve. I want in.”

He raised an eyebrow at me and slowly backed away more.

“Ow. Okay, look. The only place I can get you into is this psychiatric facility.”

I slammed him against the car door hard…but not as hard as I could…I didn’t wanna break the guy in half…

“Ugh!”

He was breathing heavily and his words came out in between deep breaths.

“You're clearly a very sick person, and you need help. If treatment's not what you're looking for... then I suggest you back off.”

Fine…if that’s how he wanted to play it…I threw him into a nearby car and he rolled and fell off of it. When he slowly picked himself up he reached into his jacket and pulled out a pistol. He pointed it in my direction.

You're barking at the wrong dog, Jethro. Now put your tail between your legs and get lost.”

My eyes got dark and I grinned at him.

“Not until you let me in that cage.”

I advanced on him again and this time he fired the gun. I caught the bullet in mid air. I looked at Maddox and held it out to him. He moved his arm down and laughed.

“Yeah. Now, you're just full of surprises, aren't you?”

I nodded.

“You haven't seen anything yet.”

He chuckled and moved closer to me with a grin on his face.

“ No, I bet not. Now, I thought with your pretty face, you've never gone a round in your life. But now I can see it in your eyes. Yeah, there it is. You got some fight in you, don't you? Welcome to the show.”
He brought me to an abandoned base and we walked into the fight club arena together. I glanced around at all the equipment and the cage. Chloe would get a kick out of all this stuff…to bad I don’t have a camera. Maddox interrupted my thoughts when he spoke enthusiastically.

“Yes! Hey, what do you think of the name "the Man of Steel"?”

I made a face. This guy was a lunatic.

"Man of steel?”

He nodded.

“Yeah, I give all the fighters their monikers. Trust me kid, it's a name that no one's ever going to forget. I got a feeling about these things. Some people say I'm psychic. Now, remember. Play it up for the cameras. People are forking over top dollar to see these fights online, all right?”

I glanced around…I didn’t see anywhere for people to sit or anything…plus no one was here.

“Where's the crowd?”

He laughed.

“Crowd? What crowd? We don't have a crowd. Can't have a crowd if you want to keep this secret. Besides, who needs an audience when you got 50,000 watts of sound? Check that out. I just bought that.”

I glanced over at all the record equipment. He chuckled.

“Gate! Now, here's how it works. We sell the spectacle to the "high rollers" online. And the noise pumps up the fighters for the fight.”

I glanced around. Fine he can call it whatever he wants I don’t care. I came here for one reason and one reason only…Titan…

“Where's Titan?”

He gave me a disbelieving look.

“Titan? Unh-unh. That's the main event. I want to warm you up with something easy. It won't be much of a fight, but then again, it doesn't matter because all the fans want to see is somebody die.”

I rolled my eyes…this wasn’t in the plan…I’m not killing anyone but Titan…Crap…

“Then who am I fighting?”

He grinned and there was mischief in his eyes.

“Ah.”

He whistled. I moved my head to the side and someone was being led in by a leggy blonde…did I just say that? Chloe’s the only leggy blonde I should be checking out. I shook my head and as the two girls got closer I wouldn’t be surprised if my mouth dropped open. Oh…Shit…that’s Lois...what the hell is she wearing? I could hear her voice from here. She was pissed.

“Get off me! I hope you like the taste of vinyl, honey, because you're about to eat a fistful of red patent leather.”

My voice was shocked and it came out a little strangled.

“Lois?”

She turned when she recognized my voice and her shock mirrored mine.

“Smallville?”

Oh crap…this was really really bad…they wanted me to kill Lois…and although I joke about it on occasion I’d never actually hurt her…she’s family. Great…how the hell am I gonna get us out of this one…

(Lois POV)

They pushed Smallville and I into the cage and a recoding of people chanting came on in the background. There was some kind of technician talking to the creepy guy that Clark came in with.

“Stand by on one. We're online... in 3...2...1.”

The guy stood up and spoke in an announcer’s voice.
“Hey, fight fans! Are you ready? Tonight's undercard is a special twin matchup introducing two new combatants. In this corner, the voluptuous... the vicious... Vixen!”

Nice freakin name…The fake cheers and applause came on again. He spoke again and leered at me.

“ Yummy. And now... entering our arena for the very first time... ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... the all-powerful, the all-American... Man of Steel!”

More clapping. Pfft Clark the man of steel…I highly doubt that…but he got the all American part right…He should have named him the all-American farmboy…He spoke again and directed his next comment to Clark.

“ I can't wait. Ladies. Good luck, pretty boy.”


He moved out of the cage and Clark and I began circling each other. I was trying to figure out what to do. I mean obviously Smallville didn’t have a plan. What was he doing here anyway?


“Lois, what are you doing here?”

I rolled my eyes…me this is so more my scene then it is his.

“Trying to stay alive. Punch me.”

He looked startled.

“What?”

Oh jeez this was gonna be harder then I thought….what does my cousin see in him again?

“Look, not too hard, just enough to make it look real. All they want is a fight. So when I hit the mat, Maddox will come back in. We make our getaway.”

He shook his head while we still circled each other. His voice was stern almost reprimanding and I wanted to laugh…but now kinda wasn’t the time. I’d pick on him later.

“I'm not going to punch you, Lois.”

I shrugged.

“Fine. Then you take the dive.”

I heard soft murmuring as I landed a punch straight into Clark’s stomach. I immediately recoiled my hand when I felt extreme pain take over it. What the hell was he hiding under there…a steel plate…shit that hurt.

“That is not just a six-pack under your shirt. That's a steel kegger.”

I heard booing in the background.

This wasn’t going exactly as I planned…

(Clark POV)

“Kal-El.”

I heard my Kryptonian name being called from outside the cage. I looked over and saw Titan standing there. Crap the feed was sill going…I needed to get off camera before we fought. I used my heat vision to take out all the equipment they were using to feed the fights onto the Internet. It went up in flames and everyone scrambled around. I heard one guy yelling.


“ Whoa! Wait, wait. The light feed went down.”

Alarms started blaring and Titan broke into the cage. I saw Maddox try to intervene and Titan threw him across the cage and his body landed heavily with a sick sounding thud. Someone looked down and saw him and yelled out to everyone left.

“He’s dead…Show's over!”

I glanced at Lois. I’d never forgive myself if anything happened to her…she’s the only family Chloe has left out here…

“Lois... run.”

Titan grabbed me and threw me up against the cage. I grunted and just when I was about to get up I saw Lois take a flying leap and jump onto Titans back…why me….I appreciate she’s trying to help but she’s gonna get herself killed. I saw Titan grab her without even turning around and toss her away to the other side of the cage without even thinking about it. I listened closely…Thank god…she’s breathing…just unconscious…that kinda works in my favor…is that bad? I saw him advancing on her and I yelled out to him with a hard voice.


“Leave her alone!”

He turned and faced me.

“The human means nothing to me. You're the fight I've been hoping for.”

I shook my head.

“You don't belong here.”

His face got angry and he roared at me.

“You're the one that doesn't belong.”

We’ve been fighting for what felt like hours. He’s kicking my ass. I don’t think I’ve been this hurt since I didn’t have my powers. He was getting flung around like a rag doll. I felt myself swirling around in the air before I was tossed clear across the room into a large metal ventilation system. Crap…that hurt…I pulled myself up slowly and looked across the cage to him...I was bleeding from my lip and I could feel my body aching. I stared into his eyes and he snarled at me.

“Time to die, Kryptonian”


The blade came out from his arm and he advanced on me.
I held still as he charged me…it was now or never…I caught his arm and we struggled for control. I finally broke free and Titan was thrown to the ground. I promised Chloe I was coming home…and no one was gonna come to this planet and make me a liar by killing me.

“ My turn.”

I walled on him. I went into super speed mode and used it to my advantage to pummel him repeatedly. I was hitting all my Lex and Lana frustrations out…if I couldn’t hit them this was the next best thing.

With one final punch that I put my whole body into I sent Titan sailing through the air and he landed on his own blade. He got up slowly and a bit wobbly. I could see the blade was broken off in his chest. His voice was deep and low.

“Good fight.”

After a moment he fell to the ground once last time. I walked over…he was dead. I shook my head and went over to Lois and picked her up. She was still unconscious. I tool one more look around and then walked out of the base with an unconscious Lois in my arms…


(Lex POV)

We had come home from the hospital a few hours earlier and I was pacing around my study. One of the people working for me to find out about this elusive fight club was here with information. So I told my assistant to let him in. I was waiting when the door opened.

“Sorry to bother you with business, sir.”

I waved him off and my voice was hard.

“Get to the point.”

I wanted to get back to Lana and make sure everything was to her liking. Before we came home I had the help redo our bedroom with everything Lana could possibly need in it because of the doctors orders but as soon as we got home I had business to tend to.

“We located the fight club, as you instructed.”

I smiled.

“So you have Titan?”

He shook his head and I frowned.

“Negative. He was dead when the team arrived.”
I sighed.

“According to your reports, Titan decimated some of the toughest meteor freaks out there. Now, who could have taken him down?”

He shrugged.

“We don't know, sir. We lost our Internet link right before the team moved in. They did retrieve Titan's body. I think you'll find the autopsy report interesting.”

He handed me a confidential report of the autopsy. I glanced over it and my eyes widened.

“ He wasn't a meteor freak.”

He shook his head.

“No, sir. Titan wasn't human.”

I sent him away and placed the file on my desk. Titan was one of those things that crashed with the ship when the Meteor rocks fell for the second time and if that theory is true…then I think I might have an idea of who stopped him…I leaned back in my seat. I’d have to show this to Lana later after she’s rested…I’m sure she’ll find it intriguing…


(Chloe POV)


Clark came straight to me with Lois after the fight. When I opened the door I was frantic until he explained she’d be fine she was just unconscious. I still wasn’t anywhere near calm so we took her to Smallville Medical Center and after a few hours of talking to doctors and everything Clark took me back to the farm with him. He brought us up to the loft and then plopped down on the couch.

I looked him over. He looked exhausted. I sat next to him and he lifted his arm for me. I leaned on him lightly and ran a hand through his hair.

“You ok?”

He shrugged.

“I guess. Tired.”

I nodded. I kissed his cut that was already closing up and he smiled. He started kissing me and was moved me so I was laying down on the couch. He grinned and started to get on top of me when we heard his mothers voice making it’s way up the stairs. He groaned and I laughed.

“How’s Lois?”

His voice was frustrated.

“This isn’t funny Chloe.”

I tried to suppress my giggles. He got off of me and when she came into view he was sitting by me with an arm draped lightly over my shoulders. His voice was light when he spoke.

“She's pretty banged up, but the doctor says she's going to be all right. She's already started working on her article about the fight club.”

She looked over at us concerned. I saw Clark give her a tired smile.

“Don't worry. She didn't see me do anything newsworthy. I won't be making any headlines.”

Mrs. Kent nodded and smiled at me.

“I'm glad to know she's fine. Hey Chloe sweetheart…”

I smiled

“Hi Mrs. Kent.”

She looked back at Clark and spoke in a motherly voice.

“How are you?”

His body tensed and I could tell that he didn’t really want to talk about this right now.

“I thought that Titan was the last prisoner I let escape from the Phantom Zone. But earlier when I looked at all the satellite images that Chloe got from Queen Industries…it looks like there’s more out there.”

She nodded sympathetically and I rubbed his arm.

“If there are any more out there, I'm sure you'll find them.”

He seemed frustrated.

“And then what? I don't know how to return them to the Phantom Zone. The only way to get rid of them... is to kill them like I did Titan.”

I shook my head and spoke up.

“Clark... from what you told me earlier when we were at the hospital that was an accident. You didn’t kill him intentionally.”


“That's what I keep telling myself.”

I had a frown on my face. I hated it when he felt like this…he did what he had to do…and I’m proud of him. He saved a lot of people by killing Titan…I wish there had been a better way…but like I said we all do what we have to do for the better of everyone involved. Mrs. Kent nodded and spoke.

“Well, what if it wasn't? He would have killed you.”

He eyed her.

“So I just killed him first? How does that make me any different than Titan?”

I interjected again. My voice was strong and comforting.

“This right here…right now…what you're is what makes you different -- regret, remorse for a vicious creature that would have murdered you and Lois without a second thought? Those feelings are what make you human Clark...no matter where you come from.”

I saw him give me a soft smile. He looked up at him mom.

“I’m tired. I think I’m gonna head in early…you coming Chlo?”

He smirked on the inside and nodded. The boy had a one-track mind…it was kind of endearing…We followed Mrs. Kent into the house and she said she had a late meeting and would be gone for a few hours. When she left I saw Clark look up at the ceiling.

“Anything else? Would you like to through a nuclear missile in also so I have to run and stop that before I get a chance to spend some time with my wife???”

I raised an eyebrow.

“You ok their Clark? You hit your head a little to hard tonight?”

He chuckled and led me up the stairs. We stopped in front of the door and he turned to me.

“So…you’re coming back home now right?”

I nodded.

“We’ll get my stuff in the morning.”

He smiled.

“Good, because I have a surprise for you.”

He opened the bedroom door and I couldn’t see much because it was dark. He moved me into the room and turned on the lights. I gasped. It was completely redone and bigger. It was absolutely gorgeous. The bed was bigger and had a white comforter set on in. the window had white and blue curtains and there was an area for me to put up my paper clippings and laptop.

It was elegant without being over the top. The perfect mixture of comfort and beauty. The colors were beautiful too. White’s, different shades of blue, and every now and then small accents of yellow or a pale pink thrown around the room. It fit us both perfectly. I glanced over at two small sliding doors at the foot of the room. I looked at Clark and he smiled.

“What’s that?”

His grin got wider.

“Go look.”

I walked over opened up the doors and put my hand to my mouth. I felt tears gathering in my eyes as I looked over the room. It was a small alcove decked out in Blue’s reds and white’s. All the furniture was a beautiful lightwood.

There was a rocking chair in the corner, a changing table, a dresser, a small rocking horse and random stuffed animals laid all around the room. My eyes went to a small area by the tiny window and I saw a crib sitting there. I felt wetness on my cheeks as I felt Clarks arm come around me. His voice was soft as he whispered in my ear.

“What do you think?”

I turned to him.

“You…you did all this?”

He laughed.

“Lois helped with the bedroom. I wasn’t sure how to…you know decorate for a girl…considering i'm a guy…”

He trailed off and I kissed him.

“I love it Clark. It’s…I’m just speechless…there aren’t any words for how wonderful this all is. Did…did you make that crib Clark?”

He glanced down shyly and nodded.

“I made the crib and rocking chair.”

I stroked his face until he looked up at me. I spoke with such sincerity that I saw his eyes cloud over.
“You are too good to me. You’re the best husband a girl could have…and I love you so much Clark…so much.”

I leaned in and kissed him and he chuckled as he moved us out of the nursery. When we finally got to the bed he sat down and looked up at me while I was between his legs. He had a playful look on his face as he spoke trying to lighten how emotional we both were at the moment.

“Does this mean we get to have sex?”

I gave a large laugh a that…he must really be desperate if he’s actually saying it without me pulling his leg.

“Oh yea…my Kryptonian hero you are so getting lucky tonight…”

He chuckled and pulled me onto the bed with him. This was the first time in two weeks that I’ve been able to relax…in Clark’s arms…I was never leaving him again….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)