July 25, 2009

The Power Within Chapter (2/5)



Chapter 2
San Francisco
(Phoebe POV)




Chapter 3

My body propelled up in my bed drenched in sweat. I frowned and tried to slow my breathing. Was that a premonition? I furrowed my brows and tried to put together the images I saw in my head, but I couldn’t do it. I ran a hand through my hair and got out of bed.

I didn’t bother turning the light on. I walked into the bathroom, turned on the faucet and splashed some cold water on my face. I patted my face with a towel and looked up into the mirror. I frowned. Why can’t I put the pieces together?

I sighed and made my way back into my bedroom. I got into bed, fluffed the pillows a few times, and lay back down. I’m sure if it was a premonition it will come back to me...as I closed my eyes the image of a girl with blonde hair and green eyes filled my head before falling asleep.

*****

(Paige POV)

I tilted my head to the side and shook it lightly as I grabbed a cup of coffee. Ugh what is that ringing in my ear…I was brought out of my thoughts by a loud clicking of heels on the floor. I looked up and saw Phoebe walk in the kitchen.

She looks tired. I watched her grab a mug and pour coffee for herself.

“Okay…what’s up?”

She sighed and leaned against the counter facing me.

“I think I had a premonition last night, but I can’t remember it.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Then how do you know you had one?”

“Well because…”

Her voice trailed off and I watched her body tense as her eyes closed. They opened a couple of seconds later and I could see worry on her face.

“I got it.”

I gave her an inquisitive look.

“You’ve got what?”

“The premonition from last night. There’s a girl in trouble…and she’s important…”

I opened my mouth to say something when Leo shimmered into the room. He glanced between Phoebe and me and looked around the rest of the kitchen. I put down my coffee and smiled.

“She’s upstairs.”

“No I’m not.”

Piper took that moment to walk into the kitchen. She smiled at Leo, walked over, and gave him a kiss.

“Hi, honey…”

He gave her half a smile before looking around the room. She frowned.

“I know that look…what’s going on?”

Leo sighed.

“The elders need your help protecting a witch who just came into her powers.”

“New witches come into their power everyday. What’s so special about this one?”

Leo looked at Phoebe while answering her question.

“Well this isn’t just any witch. She comes from a long line of very powerful witches. They are the only ones that carry this particular power and she’s the last witch in their line. If she dies the power she poses dies with her.”

I groaned slightly, placed my finger in my ear and shook. When I glanced back up everyone was starring at me.

“Sorry…ever since I woke up I’ve had this ringing in my ear and it just won’t go away.”

Leo walked over to me and tilted his head to the side.

“You’ve been hearing ringing?”

I nodded.

“Yeah…it’s…”

He cut me off.

“It’s a white lighter call. It means you have a new charge.”

I made a face.

“I don’t want a charge…Leo there’s enough going on around here without me having to add being a white lighter to the mix.”

He shrugged.

“You don’t have a choice Paige. The call won’t stop until you answer it.”

I pouted and Piper crossed her arms over her chest.

“Okay…Paige needs to find her charge and we need to find this girl…do we have a name, location, anything?”

Leo shook his head.

“All I know is she’s somewhere in the Midwest.”

Piper sighed.

“Great…well we better get on it then.”

Phoebe shook her head.

“I have work, but I think I had a premonition of the girl you’re talking about Leo, which we’ll give us a place to start.”

She turned to Piper.

“She has blonde hair and green eyes. I saw her with a guy…blonde hair…attractive. They were at a party and she was leaving and got attacked by a demon. I see if I can find it in the book of shadows before I head off to work. I’ll just hand in my column and come right back home to help you out…okay?”

Before Piper could answer Phoebe was already running up the stairs.

“Great…I guess I’ll help her look.”

Piper gave Leo another kiss before walking back upstairs. I started to walk in that direction as well as I spoke.

“Well…since everyone else in on the cause I should probably help…”

“No…Paige…you need to focus and answer the call. It could be important. You have a responsibility.”

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Great…something else to add to my list of things to do…now I have to figure out how to be a white lighter…and find a charge I really don’t have time to help…

Metropolis

(Oliver POV
)

I shuffled some papers around my desk and sighed as I glanced down at my watch. 3:45…thank god…I have to meet the guys at around 4:30 for our meeting before getting everything ready for Chloe’s surprise party. Hopefully she’ll be up to it.

I shook my head as my thoughts drifted back to last night…

*Flashback*

I handed Clark the papers and we walked back out to Chloe. Right as we entered the living room I heard her say something and then her body flung across the room. A huge light blasted out from her direction and knocked Clark and I off our feet.

She screamed and I called out to her.

“CHLOE!!!”

When the light died out I got up and ran over to her. I picked her limp body up in my arms as Clark kneeled next to us with a look of panic on his face.

“What happened? Is she okay?”

“I don’t know…move.”

He stood and stepped out of my way so I could bring Chloe to the couch. I laid her down and checked on her breathing. Clark’s voice interrupted my task.

“Her heart beat is strong. I checked her out…no broken bones or bleeding…she seems…okay”

I straighten myself and whirled around to face him. My voice came out more forceful then I intended.

“She seems okay? Jesus Clark…something just flung her across the damn room and the light….what the hell was that?”

He reached out a hand and hesitated before clasping my shoulder with it.

“It’s going to be okay. I’ll grab some water from the kitchen, why don’t you try to wake her up.”

I nodded as he left the room. I gently sat on the couch next to Chloe and brushed her hair away from her face. I cupped her cheek and spoke in a soft voice.

“Chlo…Chloe…”

I heard her groan slightly and make a face.

“Baby, wake up.”

Her eyes fluttered open slowly and she looked up at me startled for a couple of seconds before confusion set in on her face.

“What…what happened?”

I shook my head as Clark made his way back into the room with a glass of water. I helped Chloe sit up slowly. Clark handed her the water and she took two large sips before handing the glass back. I rubbed her arm.

“Are you okay?”

She nodded.

“I feel fine…I just…something feels different.”

Before I could say anything Clark spoke.

“Different?”

“Yeah…I feel different, like something inside of me…and that sounds so weird.”

She chuckled lightly and I looked at Clark with a raised eyebrow. I felt the couch shift as Chloe started to stand up. I clasped her arm in my hand and gave her a worried look.

“Hey, what are you doing?”

“Getting up?”

“No…you just…across the room…you need to relax.”

I was flustered and slightly confused about everything that had just happened. She stroked my cheek slightly and smiled.

“I’m fine Ollie, but I am a little tired.”

She glanced at Clark.

“Maybe it’s time we call it a night. You should probably get going Clark.”

He opened his mouth and then closed it again. He watched us for a minute before speaking.

“You could be hurt Chloe…”

“Oliver will make sure I’m fine Clark.”

He swallowed hard and I could see pain in his eyes, but he nodded and turned to go.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow at the meeting.”

I nodded.

“Good night Clark.”

Present Time

The phone ringing knocked me out of my thoughts. I shook my head and picked it up.

“Oliver Queen speaking…”

“Hey there…”

I grinned and leaned forward.

“Hey baby, how’s your day going?”

I heard her sigh in the background.

“It’s going okay. I can’t wait for it to be over though so we can get the meeting out of the way and be alone.”

“Oh yeah…”

“Mmmhmm…”

I heard someone talking in the background.

“Hold on a sec Ollie….yes please file that paperwork before the end of the day…yes…no…great thanks Jenny. Sorry about that.”

“No big deal. So birthday girl…how are you feeling?”

“I’m good. Right as rain. Crap…”

I frowned.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry Ollie, I gotta go…what time is the meeting again?”

“Six.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later.”

“Bye Sidekick.”

The phone clicked and I leaned back in my chair. We should be more than done setting up by 6…especially with Clark’s help. I glanced at my watch again. 4…looks like it’s time to head out. I put all my paperwork away, got my stuff together and headed out.

I went down to the garage, got my car, and started to drive home. I hope the guys picked everything up…they’re happy to help and believe it or not they’re pretty excited to have Clark back. It looks like it’s going to be a unanimous vote to keep him around…well almost unanimous…I really hope Chloe enjoys tonight…

She’s sure in for a surprise…and not just the party…tonight I’m going to tell her how I really feel about her…tonight I’m going to tell Chloe Sullivan that I’m completely and utterly in love with her...

1 comment:

  1. Amazing second chapter. personally i was more of a prue fan but...they killed her off *cries*

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! :)