September 15, 2009

A Price To Pay (2/2)



Title: A Price to Pay (Chloe POV)
Season: Season 1-8
Rating: PG-13/R
Disclaimer: Everything belongs to the CW and the Creators of Smallville.
Couples: Chloe/Bart…
Edited By: dh1031
Category: One-Shot
Requested By: Jake



Montana
September 2009
(Chloe POV)



Through the numbness and darkness I could hear voices. I felt my body being lifted and placed on something soft. Leather…My body was moved around to allow my extremities to be strapped down. No…dammit…I could feel what was going on, but I couldn’t move.

I was trying anything at this point, to move out of the chair and away from their prying hands, but nothing worked. It was like my body was under anesthesia, but my mind was cognizant of everything going on around me. How am I going to get out of here if I can’t even move?

I felt cold hands straighten my head and when fingers grazed against my lips I wanted to open my mouth and bite down. How did I let this happen? My thoughts drifted back to my last coherent memory…

*Flashback*

Metropolis

September 2009


I rolled my eyes as Bart followed me around the office.

“Please…come on Chlo, it’ll be fun.”

I laughed and turned so I was facing him.

“Okay, okay…but I still have a few things I have to finish up.”

He nodded.

“Why don’t you finish them up while I run and get a couple of movies?”

I smiled as he moved toward me and pulled me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Sounds like a plan.”

He leaned in and I closed my eyes as I felt his lips brush against mine. I deepened the kiss and my arms tightened around him. We’ve only been dating for a few months, but I am really starting to fall for him. It’s been a while since I felt this way about a guy…

He pulled away and grinned.

“Okay Chloelicous, you get your work done, I’ll run and get the movie and head to your place. By the time you get there everything will be set up for your viewing pleasure.”

He waggled his eyebrows and I chuckled.

“I’ll see you soon.”

He nodded, gave me one last kiss and waved as he headed out the door. I watched him leave with a grin on my face. I sighed. I swear he is too much…but I love it…

I had just finished up some paper work and was moving out of the back room when I heard a knock on the door. I glanced up and saw Tess standing there. I glared in her direction and she gave me a tight-lipped smile.

“Good evening Chloe. I apologize for showing up unannounced. I was wondering if I could have a moment of your time.”

I sighed. No, you can’t…you can’t even have a second of it…I’m convinced Tess is an evil bitch…maybe not as evil as Lex, but she’s up there…

“Actually, I’m on my way out.”

“Please, I have something I think you need to see.”

She held up a manila folder and I gave her a suspicious look before letting my eyes slip to it. When I didn’t accept the object in question, she shook it slightly. Okay…so my curiosity was peaked…I’ll just take a little peak and then I’ll go meet Bart…

“Here, take it.”

I took a step toward her and she moved slightly closer, stretching her arm out to me. I took the folder, opened it, and leafed through the documents within. My eyes widened as I read the information. I glanced up at her.

“Where did you get this?”

She shrugged.

“Research, do you want it or not?”

I nodded. This information will be helpful when I’m looking for meteor infected teens to help…I opened my mouth to say something to her when the door slammed against the wall and we both jumped slightly. She turned toward the door with a look of confusion on her face. My voice was tense when I spoke.

“Friend of yours?”

She shook her head and I could see the slight concern on her face.

“No, not to my knowledge.”

He lifted up his arm and I could clearly see the gun in his hand. Well crap…I inhaled sharply. His eyes looked wild and his body was jittery as he looked directly at Tess.

“Tess Mercer…why am I not surprised that you don’t remember me? I used to work at the Daily Planet…before you fired me! I have a wife…three kids…but you don’t care…you just do whatever the hell you want…well…not anymore.”

I watched as Tess took a step forward, opened her mouth to say something, and before anything came out, there was a loud bang. I jumped, gasped and covered my mouth with my hand. Oh god…

I watched as her body crumpled to the floor. I glanced up and in time to see the guy run away. I swallowed hard, walked over to where Tess had fallen, and knelt down next to her. I took off my cardigan and pressed it to her abdomen as I gave her a worried look.

My hands shook slightly as I put pressure on the wound. I took out my cell phone, dialed 911, and told them what happened. They were sending an ambulance. All I have to do is wait for it to get here…

“He’s gone…it’s gonna be okay…you’re going to be fine.”

She opened her mouth and winced.

“I’m cold…and I can’t feel my legs…”

Shit…that can’t be good. I could heal her, but it’s Tess and I’m not sure if I should take the risk…she’s been after me about having a meteor power since she got here…and I’ve been pretty good at hiding the fact that I got it back not long ago.

I sighed and shook my head. I’m almost positive there was a look of indecision on my face. I glanced down at the blood pooling on the sweater and I spoke in a soft voice.

“They aren’t going to make it in time…shit…”

I have to do this…as bad as Tess is she doesn’t deserve to die this way…I can’t pick and choose who I save, all these years helping the team has taught me that…Sometimes to save a life we have to make sacrifices…I’ll never forgive myself if she dies and I could have saved her…

My face hardened and I pulled the sweater away from her wound. Her eyes were still open, but just slightly.

I placed my hands over the wound and I could feel warmth spread through me. I closed my eyes and focused on mending the internal organs and skin. I could see a light start to form behind my eyes and then it expanded around me and Tess. When the light faded and I felt the energy drain from me I frowned.

There was a light beeping sound. What in the world is that noise? I was fighting to keep my eyes open and the next time I blinked the room was filled with men in black uniforms. I frowned and tried to stand when I felt hands on me, but I kept stumbling.

I felt a prick on my arm and I glanced down. The world started to spin and everything went fuzzy. My last thought before everything went black was...Oh god…

Present

I could hear beeping and I felt the pricks of needles on my arms. I need to get out of here…I tried struggling again, but it still didn’t work. A thought occurred to me as I was trying to move my hand. Bart! I was supposed to meet Bart at my apartment.

He’ll realize I’m gone…he’ll tell the guys and they’ll come for me…I know they will…Tess might have won this fight…but she’s not gonna win the war…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)