October 27, 2009

Captured (1/2)



Title: Captured
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Chloe/Bart
Edited By: dh1031
Category: One-Shot (This story takes place the summer before season 9)
Requested By: Max



(Chloe POV)

I felt nausea over take me and my body lurched forward towards the sink. I emptied my stomach and when I felt the heaving stop I leaned back against the wall and slid down into a sitting position. I don’t know how much more of this I can take. I glanced at the clock on the wall.

3:49…is it morning? Afternoon? Who can tell? It’s not like there are any windows here. I sighed as I wiped my hand across my forehead. I could feel the sweat on my finger tips. Four days ago, while Bart and I were attending one of Oliver’s fundraisers someone drugged our drinks and we ended up here…wherever here is…

That someone is no doubt Tess. I haven’t seen her, but I know she’s the one keeping us here. No one else would want us…I just can’t figure out exactly what it is she wants…I felt another wave of nausea hit, but there wasn’t anything left to come up.

I sat there with my head down trying to control the urge to vomit. Whatever she did to me, it isn’t working…unless the point of their experiments was to bring my lunch back up. My thoughts were interrupted by a loud click and a thud.

I glanced up as the door opened. I raised an eyebrow. Why am I not surprised? Tess stood in front of me with a smirk on her face.

“Hello Chloe.”

I straighten my body and glared at her.

“Tess…what a surprise.”

“By the dry sarcastic tone of your voice I gather you suspected I was the one who brought you here.”

“You think?”

She gave me a cold laugh as she leaned against the wall and crossed her arms over her chest. I glanced towards the door, but all I could see beyond it was a hallway. Where is Bart? My eyes turned toward Tess again and she was watching me. I let out a frustrated sigh.

“What did you do to me?”

She raised an eyebrow and it looked like she was about to play little miss innocent. The look was quickly replaced by a hardened expression. I could see indecision on her face. She’s probably trying to decide how much she should tell me.

“I know about your power. I took you and Bart from the fundraiser because it was the easiest way to get you here without causing some kind of scene. I need the two of you for the completion of the new and improved project Gemini.”

I frowned. Project Gemini…where have I heard that? I raced through my internal index and when it hit me my eyes widened slightly. Project Gemini was originally one of Lex’s projects…I think I remember Lana telling me about it…I shook myself out of my thoughts and spoke.

“Project Gemini is one of Lex’s failed projects. You’ll never be able to make it work. You might be able to clone people, but Lex never figured out how to get past the last stages…not even with Grant, and personally I think Lex was smarter than you’ll ever be.”

Let her chew on that…The smirk she wore when first entering my cell was small compared to the one that lit up her face now. She leaned forward slightly as she spoke.

“I already have and the last stage to making it work is your genetic makeup.”

That information startled me. Well crap…that can’t be good. I used my hands on the wall to help me up slowly. I stood there in front of her and gave her a defiant stare.

“You’re lying.”

“Actually I’m not. The only problem is we can’t seem to get a viable sample from you. It seems your body has its own safety mechanism. You have an enormous source of power inside you Chloe, power that you haven’t even begun to tap into.”

I rolled my eyes.

“It’s time to let me go…it’s not like you can do anything with me anyway. You just said you can’t get what you need and where’s Bart? What does he have to do with this?”

She laughed, pushed away from the wall and circled me.

“Oh you’re going somewhere alright…I’m sending you to the nearest 33.1 facility. The doctors have come up with a solution they feel will work, so I’m letting them test the theory as soon as you leave here. As for your little boyfriend…he should be back shortly.”

I opened my mouth to say something when the door that had slid shut halfway, crashed open. I jumped at the loud noise and turned my attention to the door. A burly man made his way in the cell dragging Bart along with him.

He tossed him on the floor towards me and left the room, shutting the door behind him. My eyes widened, I took a few steps, and dropped to the floor next to Bart’s limp body. I looked up at Tess and I could hear the hatred in my voice as I spoke.

“What did you do to him?”

She shrugged as she walked towards the door.

“They ran some tests.”

She opened the door and shut it behind her. I heard the locks click in place as I pulled Bart’s head onto my lap. Tears pooled in my eyes as I brushed the hair away from his face. I have no clue where we are…how we got here or how we’re gonna get out.

I’m so tired of being strong…someone will help us…or when Bart gets up…we’ll make a break for it…what have we got to lose?

(Oliver POV)


I stood near the side of the building and pressed the intercom button. It didn’t take too long to case the facility. It’s not all that big. I just hope Bart and Chloe are okay. I heard the com buzz before Victor’s voice sounded in my ear.

“You case the facility?”

“Yeah.”

“How tight is it locked up outside?”

“Not too bad. Two guards out front, three in the back and a camera on each side.”

The line was quiet and I heard fingers tapping against a keyboard. I waited impatiently for Victor to tell me where to go. Since A.C. is out of town, Clark's AWOL and Chloe and Bart were kidnapped, Victor and I are the only ones left for the rescue, which is a pain.

I need Victor to be my eyes, which leaves me with no back up. It could be worse I guess…I just want to get Chloe and Bart and get out of here. I sighed.

“What’s the deal?”

“One second…okay Bart’s GPS is showing that he’s in the center of the building. You’re going to go in through the entrance on the far right hand side. See it?”

I turned my head and saw it a few yards from where I was standing.

“Got it.”

I headed in that direction as Victor continued speaking.

“Okay, stop a few feet before you get to the door so I can put the camera on a loop so they don’t see you go in. I’ll tell you when.”

“Okay.”

There were a few more clicks and then a ‘go ahead’ from Victor. I made my way to the door carefully and slipped into the building with Victor guiding me. This place is like a freaking maze…when we get Bart and Chloe out of here, we’re going to have to do something about Tess.

She’s starting to be a real pain in the ass. I made my way to the first intersection and stopped. I glanced at to the left and right before speaking into my com.

“Victor, which way?”

“You’re going to take a left. Go straight down the hallway and when you come to the end go to the right. I see two heat signatures. Most likely guards and only the first round too. The deeper in you get the higher the security is.”

I swore and headed towards the left. Well at least I can say rescue missions are never boring…ready or not guys here I come…

(Chloe POV)

I heard a light groan and my attention immediately went to Bart. His eyes opened slowly and I smiled down on him. He scrunched up his nose and grunted. I laughed lightly.

“Hey there handsome. I was wondering when you were going to wake up. For a little while there I thought you were out for the long haul.”

He sat up slowly and rubbed the back of his head. He winced as he spoke.

“And leave you all alone? Never Cholelicious. What happened?”

I shrugged.

“I’m not sure. The last time I saw you, you were speeding around the guards trying to keep them from taking me. They hit you with something that looked like a taser and you went down. When they brought me back you were gone.”

He nodded.

“Makes sense I guess. Any chance you might know how long ago that was?”

“My guesstimation would be a day or so.”

He nodded and pushed himself so he was leaning against the wall. I could see him breathing heavy and I frowned. I moved over so I was sitting next to him and he wrapped an arm around me. I leaned against him and rubbed his chest gently.

“You okay babe?”

“I’m good…just worried about you…what’d they do to you Chloe?”

I looked away from him and shrugged.

“Does it matter? Apparently It didn’t work. Listen Bart, we need to find a way out of here and soon. Tess said they’re going to transfer me to a 33.1 facility so they can work on getting my genetic makeup; or some crap like that…who knows.”

“Tess?”

“Oh, yeah. She’s the one who drugged us and brought us here.”

He closed his eyes and sighed before speaking.

“No surprise there. We really need to do something about this chick. I think she might be crazier than Lex.”

I nodded and Bart rubbed my leg softly. He moved his head over and placed a small kiss on my collar bone before whispering by my ear.

“No worries…the calvary should be on their way.”

I moved away and looked at him with confusion on my face. He motioned to his watch.

“Tess’ people never took it away from me. I activated the tracker before I was brought back in here. Oliver and co. should be here soon…if the tracker didn’t get damaged since we’ve been here.”

I grinned.

“You know…I don’t know if I’ve told you this lately, but you’re very hot when you’ve got a plan.”

He smirked and winked at me.

“I always got a plan baby.”

I opened my mouth, but before I could say anything there was some shouting and a few loud crashes outside the door. I stood up quickly and Bart winced again as he stood slowly. Whatever they gave him definitely knocked out his powers…

He nudged me and I raised an eyebrow. He motioned to the door.

“That’s our cue. Let’s get the hell out of here.”

I nodded and we stood a couple feet back from the door. There was a gunshot, some swearing, and then another loud crash. The next thing I knew the door was being kicked in. It flew off the hinge and the Green Arrow made his way in the small room.

He saw us standing there and grinned. I watched him hold a finger to his ear as he spoke.

“Got 'em. Did someone call for a backup?”

Bart smiled and nodded.

“Took you long enough. Come on Cholelicious…”

We followed Oliver out the door and made our way towards the exit. Victor was guiding us out. We made the last turn and the exit came into view. Everything happened in slow motion. Oliver motioned for Bart and me to take the lead.

I was halfway out the door when I heard a deafening bang. Bart’s body was covering mine and as I turned my head I saw Oliver go down. Oh god…My voice was out before I could control it.

“NOOOOO….”

Bart turned his head and made a beeline for Oliver. He used the last of his energy to knock into the guard in one quick, hard, movement that sent him flying into the wall effectively knocking him out. I made my way towards them and we grabbed Oliver and half dragged half carried him out.

I could see the pain on Oliver’s face as the blood seeped through his uniform.

“Ollie where’s the car?”

“Down…the...road…”

We got him to the car as quick as we could. Bart took the wheel and I sat in the back with Oliver. I started ripping at his uniform and I heard him laugh lightly before going into a coughing fit.

“You didn’t have to…rip it…off…I mean…yeah I know…I’m attractive, but…all you…had to do was ask…”

I chuckled lightly as tears gathered in my eyes when I finally saw the wound. It was bad. I placed my hands over his chest as I concentrated.

“Focus Ollie. Look at me.”

He did and I could feel a tingling sensation in my hands as they grew warmer. I felt power surge through me as it filled my body before going into Oliver. The last thing I remember seeing before everything went black was a bright white light.

*****



I groaned and shifted to the side. I frowned when I felt the soft pillow under my head. My eyes opened slowly and I glanced around. How’d I get home? My mind drifted back to earlier and I shot up in bed. Oliver…I heard voices coming from outside the room so I got up, opened the door, and headed out into the living room.

I stopped at the sight before me and three heads turned in my direction. I relaxed and Bart smiled. I glanced at the table that had pizza and drinks spread out all over it and I shook my head. Bart put down his pizza and was standing in front of me before I could blink.

“Hey baby. How’re you feeling?”

I smiled.

“A lot better now.”

He leaned in and I closed my eyes as I felt his lips press against mine. Bart’s an amazing kisser…He pulled away, took my hand, and led me into the living room. I plopped down on the couch next to Oliver and he grinned at me.

“Thanks for earlier.”

I nodded.

“Of course. We’re a team…we look out for each other. Thanks for coming for me and Bart.”

“Always.”

Victor rolled his eyes and Bart handed me a slice of pizza as I spoke.

“Okay enough of all this mushy stuff. We’re finally back. Let’s enjoy the pizza and we’ll worry about Tess and her crazy antics tomorrow.”

They nodded and dug in. I took a bite of pizza and smiled as I watched the guys joke around. Getting drugged and being kidnapped by Tess was scary…and it brought me a lot closer to 33.1 than I ever wanted to be…but in the end I should have known the team would come through…


They always do. Tess…33.1…Project Gemini…those are all things to worry about on another day. Today I’m safe…I’m with my friends and the man I love and I’m safe…things don’t get much better than this…

Tess POV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)