November 2, 2009

Captured (2/2)



Title: Captured (Tess POV)
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Chloe/Bart
Edited By: dh1031
Category: One-Shot (This story takes place the summer before season 9)
Requested By: Max



(Tess POV)

I watched through the video feed as Chloe’s sweat covered body lurched forward towards the sink. She threw up a few times and I shook my head. It didn’t work…damn it. This is the third trial we’ve done and still nothing. I sighed as I watched her body slide down the wall. She curled up and glanced at something on the other side of the room.

I glanced at my watch. 3:49 a.m. They’ve been here for five days and so far I’ve got nothing. If I want to get Project Gemini up and running I need a sample of Chloe’s genetic makeup. It will no doubt solidify the last stages of development. At least things with Bart Allen have been coming along nicely.

He’s an extraordinary specimen. I’m going to have the doctors study him more and see if we can duplicate his powers on a normal individual. It should be fascinating. I was knocked out of my thoughts by one of the doctors telling me they were done with Bart.

I might as well go see Chloe and make myself known. If she’s smart she’s probably already suspected that it’s me. I walked out of the office and around to the door leading to her cell. I unlocked it, slid the retaining bolt out, and pushed it open.

She glanced up as the door opened and raised an eyebrow. She doesn’t look surprised. I stood in front of her with a smirk on my face.

“Hello Chloe.”

She straightened her body and glared at me.

“Tess…what a surprise.”

“By the dry sarcastic tone of your voice I gather you suspected I was the one who brought you here.”

“You think?”

I gave her a cold laugh, leaned against the wall, and crossed my arms over my chest. I watched her glance toward the door before looking back in my direction. She let out a frustrated sigh. I wonder if she’s wondering where her little boy toy is…

“What did you do to me?”

I raised an eyebrow and I thought about playing it off like I didn’t know anything, but this is Chloe I’m dealing with and the girl’s not stupid. The expression on my face grew hard. If I’m going to use her for my own purposes then she at least deserves to know the truth about it.

“I know about your power. I took you and Bart from the fundraiser because it was the easiest way to get you here without causing some kind of scene. I need the two of you for the completion of the new and improved Project Gemini.”

She frowned and I could see her sifting through her thoughts looking for whatever information she had on that project. After all knowledge is power…She shook herself out of her thoughts and spoke.

“Project Gemini is one of Lex’s failed projects. You’ll never be able to make it work. You might be able to clone people, but Lex never figured out how to get past the last stages…not even with Grant, and personally I think Lex was smarter than you’ll ever be.”

Doesn’t she realize that insulting me is only going to make me angrier? Oh well…it’s her funeral. My smirk grew wider as I leaned forward slightly and spoke.

“I already have and the last stage to making it work is your genetic makeup.”

I could see that the information I had just given her startled her. She’s worried…and she should be. By the time I’m done with her Project Gemini will be up and running and she’ll just be another person lost in the betterment of the world. She stood up slowly and glared at me defiantly.

“You’re lying.”

“Actually I’m not. The only problem is we can’t seem to get a viable sample from you. It seems your body has its own safety mechanism. You have an enormous source of power inside you Chloe, power that you haven’t even begun to tap into.”

She rolled her eyes and spoke in an irritated voice.

“It’s time to let me go…it’s not like you can do anything with me anyway. You just said you can’t get what you need and where’s Bart? What does he have to do with this?”

I laughed, pushed away from the wall, and circled Chloe like a predator.

“Oh you’re going somewhere alright…I’m sending you to the nearest 33.1 facility. The doctors have come up with a solution they feel will work, so I’m letting them test the theory as soon as you leave here. As for your little boyfriend…he should be back shortly.”

I watched her open her mouth to say something when the door crashed open. She jumped at the loud noise and turned her attention to the door. I glanced over and watched as a one of my guards made his way into the cell dragging Bart along with him.

He tossed him on the floor towards Chloe, nodded in my direction, and left the room, shutting the door behind him. Her eyes widened, she took a few steps, and dropped to the floor next to Bart’s limp body. She looked up at me and I could hear the hatred in her voice when she spoke.

“What did you do to him?”

I shrugged and walked towards the door.

“They ran some tests.”

I opened the door, shut it behind me, and locked it. I went back into the observation deck and watched as she pulled Bart head onto her lap and tears welled-up in her eyes. With everything that Chloe’s been through with Lex over the years you would think that she’d learn to keep her emotions in check.

I’m tired of waiting…she’s going to 33.1 tonight and we’re going to figure out how to finish Project Gemini…even if it kills her…

*****

I was filling out some paperwork when I felt more than heard the explosion. I stopped, turned, and glanced at the monitors. I was switching the feeds around when I landed on one in the outer hallway. I grinned. The Green Arrow…right on time…I was just turning around as one of the security guards made his way into the observation deck.

“Miss Mercer we’ve had a security breach.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“You don’t say…”

He nodded.

“We’re getting all the men on it.”

I shook my head.

“Don’t. Let him get to our captives. Clear a path; make sure that I can get to the exit without incident.”

“Yes ma’am.”

I watched him on the monitors as he got closer and closer to Chloe and Bart. Technically this wasn’t planned, but it was expected. The green archer and his merry band of men always seem to come to Chloe’s rescue…and if my hunch is correct; today I’ll be able to prove my theory on just who the Green Arrow is.

I looked through the observation deck window and watched Bart and Chloe talking. They were smiling at each other when there was a loud crash and the door to the cell burst open. I watched as he nudged her and motioned to the door.

As they stood there and spoke to the Green Arrow, I left the observation deck and took a short cut to the entrance of the facility. I cocked my gun and waited in a small alcove until I saw them running in my direction. The Green Arrow motioned for Bart and Chloe to take the lead as he followed them from behind, placing explosive devises on the walls.

I lifted the gun slowly and my body tensed as I pointed it at his back. They were less than halfway to the door when I unloaded a clip in the Green Arrow. The bullets made contact and he froze in mid step before crumpling to the ground.

I glanced at Bart who was covering Chloe’s body. Her scream echoed through the practically empty facility.

“NOOOOO….”

One of my men rounded the corner and I slid back into the alcove as I watched Bart knock him out. He and Chloe grabbed the Green Arrow and pulled him out the exit into the sun. When I was sure they were gone I took the vile out of my pocket and made my way over to the bloodstained floor.

I used a q-tip and, slid it around in the blood, and placed it in the glass vile. I closed and pocketed it before heading out the facility’s back way. I got into the waiting car and it took off. I pulled out my cell phone and pressed 3.

“Hello.”

“Hello doctor, it’s Tess Mercer.”

“Hello Miss Mercer. What can I do for you?”

“I have a sample I’d like you to look into.”

There was hesitation before he spoke.

“Very well…how soon can you bring it to me?”

“I’m on my way.”

I closed the phone without saying goodbye and leaned against the seat. I’m pretty sure I might have found a way to kill two birds with one stone. I’ve been trying to figure out who the Green Arrow is for what seems like forever…the shot I got off, should kill him…unless Chloe uses her powers to heal him.

I’m pretty sure if she does that, she’ll change his genetic makeup enough for us to use him for Project Gemini without all the safety mechanisms that her body has. It will be enough for us to finally complete the project the way it should have been in the first place…

*****

(Chloe POV)


I groaned and shifted to the side. I frowned when I felt the soft pillow under my head. My eyes opened slowly and I glanced around. How’d I get home? My mind drifted back to earlier and I shot up in bed. Oliver…I heard voices coming from outside the room so I got, opened the door, and headed out into the living room.

I stopped at the sight before me and three heads turned in my direction. I relaxed and Bart smiled. I glanced at the table that had pizza and drinks spread out all over it and I shook my head. Bart put down his pizza and was standing in front of me before I could blink.

“Hey baby. How’re you feeling?”

I smiled.

“A lot better now.”

He leaned in and I closed my eyes as I felt his lips press against mine. Bart’s an amazing kisser…He pulled away, took my hand, and led me into the living room. I plopped down on the couch next to Oliver and he grinned at me.

“Thanks for earlier.”

I nodded.

“Of course. We’re a team…we look out for each other. Thanks for coming for me and Bart.”

“Always.”

Victor rolled his eyes and Bart handed me a slice of pizza as I spoke.

“Okay enough of all this mushy stuff. We’re finally back. Let’s enjoy the pizza and we’ll worry about Tess and her crazy antics tomorrow.”

They nodded and dug in. I took a bite of pizza and smiled as I watched the guys joke around. Getting drugged and being kidnapped by Tess was scary…and it brought me a lot closer to 33.1 than I ever wanted to be…but in the end I should have known the team would come through…

They always do. Tess…33.1…Project Gemini…those are all things to worry about another day. Today I’m safe…I’m with my friends, the man I love and I’m safe…things don’t get much better than this…

(Tess POV)

I sat in a limo outside of Chloe’s clock tower apartment. I could see the lights on and the bodies moving around inside. Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow…things are all falling into place now…I finally understand why Oliver’s been hanging around…why the Green Arrow always knows what’s going on…She healed him…I no longer need Chloe…Oliver will do just fine…look at them celebrating…They think they’ve won…but I’ve just begun to fight…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)