April 27, 2011

Wild Card Chapter (5/5)

Photobucket
Banner By: Franica

Chapter Four: Get Naked (I Got A Plan)

Chapter 5
‘Dazed and Confused’



Chloe stood there outside of the police station hair blowing slightly as goose bumps prickled up on her bare legs while she stared at Oliver like he had two heads. There was no way he was telling the truth…she would remember all of that…wouldn’t she?

Then again she was standing there with god only knows how many criminal charges against her meanwhile she didn’t remember committing any of them. Oliver watched the varying emotions on her face as she tried to digest what he’d just told her.

He wasn’t exactly sure what the expression on her face was saying, but the fact that she wasn’t speaking didn’t exactly bode well for him. He stayed quiet slipping his hands into his pockets as he waited. Seconds later her voice broke the silence around them.

“You’re telling me I stripped in your apartment…and that’s how you got my bra?” He pursed his lips and nodded. “Yes, that’s what I’m saying.” She swallowed heavily a spark of uncertainty on her face. “And why would I do that?” He tilted his head to the side noticing the tension in her body.

“Well according to you it was because you wanted to have sex with me…” Her mouth dropped open a flush covering her skin as she glanced around them noticing that Clark and Lois were no longer in sight. She pulled the jacket tighter around her as she let out a long breath.

At this point Chloe had two options. She could tell Oliver that for the past few weeks she’d been seeing him…differently or she could lie to him, brush it off as some fluke and go back to the way things were before this whole mess happened.

She bit her bottom lip swallowing hard before speaking quietly. “I’m sorry…you know for pushing you around…and stripping in your living room…and then sexually harassing you…guess we should have had those sexual harassment meetings after all huh?”

She let out a soft chuckle, but he just pursed his lips and rested his arms over his chest. Her shoulders deflated slightly and she sighed. “Look I messed up okay…whatever happened to make Lois and I go nuts it wasn’t our fault…you can’t be angry with me for something that was out of my control. The wacky drugs made me do it.”

Oliver tilted his head to the side eyebrows shooting up slightly. “You think I’m angry with you?” She shrugged and motioned towards him. “Well yeah…” He took pity on her and shook his head. “I’m not…and just so you know while Clark and I were looking for you and Lois we figured out what happened. The drink he gave you was laced with meteor rock…which we knew earlier in the night when we tried to stop you guys from drinking it.”

Chloe arched an eyebrow, but let him continue without interrupting. “But what we didn’t know was what the drink does…it’s sort of like the equivalent of red K for Clark. It doesn’t make you do anything you don’t want to do…it just sort of gets rid of your inhibitions…makes you act without thinking first…”

His voice trailed off as he met her eyes and she could feel her cheeks heating up again. Wonderful, so she couldn’t even lie if she wanted to. No matter what she said Oliver knew that at least a part of her wanted to have sex with him. What exactly was she supposed to say to that?

Chloe licked her lips and nodded. “Ah…I guess that sort of makes sense…look about,” she motioned towards him with her hand, “all of this…I know it’s crazy I’m not really sure when things changed or when I started seeing you as…something more than a friend, but I really don’t want this to make things awkward between us…”

Oliver’s chest tightened in anticipation of her words and his lip twitched at the corner as he took a step closer to her, voice light. “Does that mean you don’t regret what happened last night?” She seemed startled by his question. “I…well I’m…not sure?” He rolled his eyes. “Is that a question or a statement?”

She shifted her head to the side. “Both?” He chuckled and took another step closer to her as he pressed his hands against her arms and rubbed them lightly. It was obvious she was embarrassed about her forward behavior and Oliver didn’t want to scare her off so he decided to cut the stoic act out and just be real.

“Look…as far as I’m concerned you’ve got nothing to be sorry for or embarrassed about. Yesterday was…interesting…incredibly interesting and had I known you thought of me in more than a friendly way…well I probably would have tried to make this happen a while ago.”

Surprise colored her face as she spoke. “Really?” He nodded. “Yea…I just…I dunno I thought you didn’t see me that way so I ignored my attraction to you…” Chloe opened and closed her mouth a few times as she stared at Oliver.

He thought she was attractive…he would have started things with them if he’d know about her feelings…she shifted on her feet and scrunched her nose. “So…what does this mean for us now?” Oliver shrugged. “That depends…what do you want it to mean? What are you looking for?”

“I don’t know…but I do know I like you…” Oliver grinned as he moved next to her and slid an arm around her shoulders as he led her towards the car. “Well of course you do….I’m awesome…” She rolled her eyes and he pulled the car door open for her. She paused before getting in and he arched an eyebrow in her direction.

She watched him closely for a few seconds before pulling together all of her courage and speaking softly. “There’s just one thing I need to do…” Before he could say anything she leaned over the open car door, gripped his face and pulled him down slightly so she could press her lips against his.

He returned the kiss without hesitation shifting and maneuvering them so the car was no longer between them as he pressed her up against it. He deepened the kiss his tongue invading her mouth and she moaned as she pressed her body against his.

A minute or so later they pulled apart her pulse beating quickly, breathing rapid as she stood there gripping to him tightly. He grinned. “What was that?” She gave him a small smile and a one shouldered shrug. “I needed to see what it felt like…”

He nodded his hands on her hips. “And…what’s the verdict?” She grinned, her arms wrapping hesitantly around his neck. “It’s definitely something I’d like to have a repeat performance of…I mean if that’s something you might be interested in…”

Oliver smirked as he brushed a stray curl behind her ear. “It’s absolutely something I plan on doing more often…I was thinking…” She raised an eyebrow in question and he continued. “How about you let me take you out to dinner…we’ll eat, have some dessert…possibly discuss your thoughts on finishing that little strip tease for me…”

His voice trailed off and she gave him a playful glare as she slapped him in the stomach. He laughed lightly, his face softening. “So Sidekick…what do you say?” Chloe leaned up and pressed another quick kiss against his lips, voice light.

“I say you’ve got yourself a deal…” A genuine smile graced his lips as he motioned for her to get in the car. She did and he shut the door before walking around it, pulling to door open and getting in. As he started the car his eyes drifted over to the blonde wearing nothing but his dress shirt and he swallowed hard.

He cleared his throat not wanting his hormones to run away with him. “So…where to?” Chloe buckled her seat belt as he pulled away from the curb her eyes on the road. A smirk pulling at her lips as a surge of confidence filled her. She spoke voice nonchalant, “Your apartment…”

Oliver’s head jerked in her direction, but when she said nothing just glanced towards him a spark of mischief filling her green eyes something inside of him snapped. Now that whatever effects of the drink had worn off and Chloe was 110 percent conscious of her decisions he was done being cautious.

He pressed his foot harder on the gas, the car speeding up as he headed towards his penthouse. After all the shit they’d gone through in the last 24 hours Oliver could honestly say he couldn’t be happier Clark had stopped by his office yesterday.

It was amazing how one night, one series of unpredictable events could change a person’s entire outlook on things…Oliver glanced briefly at the blonde next to him and his smile widened. His outlook on things had surely gotten much brighter than they had been a day ago and he planned on taking full advantage of that for as long a she let him.

5 comments:

  1. Two chapters in one day? Nice.
    I honestly thought this was going to get wilder like somehow the girls went streaking or something, but it ended up being sweet instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jenwin23 Haha aww yeah nothing more wild, just a sweet fluffy ending. I figured you guys would need it since the next story I plan on posting is Chock full of angst LOL :) Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so much fun. I really felt for Ollie in the earlier chapters trying to keep his hands to himself :-) Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed this one! Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. Great fic
    Hot and funny (I lmao with Chloe's message at Ollie's cell)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! :)