December 23, 2008

Quintessence Chapter (7/13)

Chapter 7



Chapter 6
Twelve Weeks Later
(Chloe POV)




I pulled my sweater closer to my body as I glanced up at the large tower of ice that was in the middle of a snow-covered mountain. What in gods name is that? I moved closer and when I saw a strange blue light emanating from inside the walls. I carefully walked over blocks of ice and made my way inside. It’s freezing…it must be below thirty here jeez…oh my god…is that Clark?

I picked up my pace and ran toward Clark. He was lying on a large slab made of ice with a blue light shooting from his chest. It seems that’s all everything is made of…I shook him but he didn’t move. I glanced around to see if anyone else was there when I heard a large booming voice.

“Who are you and what do you seek in this fortress?”

I whipped my head around frantically. Oh boy…I’m hearing things…I started to try and pull Clark up but it was impossible…it was like someone was holding him down.

“I have asked you a question mortal.”

I glanced up. How could I be this stupid…this was the place Clark was telling me about…where his biological father was or something. Crap…what should I say? I moved away from Clark and spoke clearly and loudly into the air.

“My name is Chloe Sullivan. I am a friend of your sons. I came looking for him in the caves when I was transported…here.”

His voice was loud and thick.

“What do you want with Kal’ El?”

I just told him what I wanted! Is he deaf? I don’t have time for this…crazy thing’s are happening in Smallville…I need to bring Clark home.

“I came here looking for Clark and now that I found him I am bringing him home. He’s needed. Someone is slowly destroying Smallville and Clark’s the only one who can find it and stop it.”

“My son must not leave this fortress, it is imperative to his safety that he remains here for the remainder of the ridding.”

What the hell is a ridding?

“What is a ridding? Hello….”

“Kal’El has not mentioned you to me mortal and therefore I must assume that you are an enemy.”

Uht oh…that really didn’t sound good. The wind started picking up and snow twirled all around me. I fell to my knees grasping my sweater around me…No…I can’t die like this…I need to help Clark…I felt myself getting colder and colder…I heard a loud crashing noise and as I lifted my head slowly I saw fire bursting out of parts of the fortress…the wind stopped and I opened my eyes.

Standing above me was Clark…his eyes gleamed red and he was missing his shirt. The air around me grew thick with fog and cold air. When I glanced into Clark’s eyes I shivered. My mouth opened and I went to scream but he knocked the wind out of me. He grabbed me and pulled me up next to him. He smirked. I could feel his tight grip bruising my flesh…His glare was hard and I turned away from him…

I should have known…it’s been happening slowly for weeks. Clark kept telling me he was feeling weird that something was going on. He told me about green and red kryptonite and how they both affect him. Then recently his attitude has been different…worse. For a while I thought he was infected with red k…but it went away and he went back to normal…or so I thought…

He kept telling me something bad was about to happen…that was going to destroy the world…like his dream but I told him he was over reacting…I should have listened to him. I should have seen it from that very first moment nine weeks ago…this wasn’t Clark Kent…


Nine Weeks Earlier

(Chloe POV)

I groaned. I could hear my phone ringing in the distance. I rolled over and opened one eye. I glanced at the red numbers on my clock. It was exactly eight on a Saturday morning. Who in their right mind would want to call and wake me up right now? Do they know this is like the only day of the week I can actually sleep late? I sighed and picked up the phone. My voice came out scratchy from sleep.

“Martians better be attacking the earth with giant venom spitting spiders if you want to survive until the end of this phone call.”

I heard a chuckle and smiled.

“Well actually it’s Aliens attacking with large acid throwing gremlins…but you were close.”

I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

“What’s up Lois?”

I could hear her shuffling through things on the other line.

“I’m leaving for Smallville in a little while and I wanted to know if you’d like to keep your favorite cousin company until my date with Phin tonight.”

I sighed. Lois and Phin started off slow but quickly got hot and heavy. They started seeing each other three weeks ago after that crazy dinner escapade where Clark decided he was going to broadcast his non-human heritage to the dinner table. Phin was a nice guy…younger than Lois but that was fine with her. Her voice interrupted my thoughts.

“Hello…Earth to Chloe…”

I chuckled.

“I’m here Lo’. That’s fine. If you’re leaving now I’m gonna head off to the shower. Lex is taking Clark out this morning. He’s gonna mention something about taking me to the children’s charity ball tonight, you know clearing the waters between friends making sure Clark doesn’t mind if we spend time together on a more than friends basis. I’m supposed to meet up with Clark this afternoon so if I’m not here I’m at the Talon.”

“You know Chlo Lex shouldn’t have to ask Clark’s permission to ask you out…you two aren’t together…”

yeah thanks for stating the obvious Lois…I sighed.

“I know that, and he’s not asking permission. He doesn’t want anything to ruin his friendship with Clark and he’s making sure that asking me out wont do that.”

I could almost here the rolling of her eyes as she spoke.

“Got it. Well I’ll see you later Cuz.”

And she hung up. I shook my head and sighed as I ripped the covers off my body. I got up and headed to the shower. As the bathroom fogged up from the heat I stripped down and stepped under the searing hot water. God it felt good cascading down my body…as I turned around to wet my hair I thought about Lex.

I wasn’t really sure what was going on with the two of us. I mean I suppose I like him as a person and his power and influence over people is dare I say sexy…but there is no doubt about my feelings for Clark. I’m in love with him…and Lex knows it. The thing is it doesn’t really seem to bother him.

I guess the way he looks at it is if Clark doesn’t return my feelings then nothing can be done about it so why not enjoy other avenues. I didn’t just want to be another girl though…I don’t really do that whole friends with benefits thing and I’m not entirely convinced that Lex wanted more than that…and there in lies the problem.

I scrubbed my body with a loofah and let the soap slide down my thighs. I sighed. I hope everything goes ok with the two of them today…

(Clark POV)

I was finishing up getting dressed when I heard my dad calling me. Lex was probably here.

“I’ll be right down.”

I buckled my belt and stomped down the steps. When I reached the last one and turned toward the kitchen I saw Lex standing by the door. I smiled.

“Morning dad…hey Lex. You ready to get going?”

He nodded. As my dad was wiping his hands on a towel he stepped over to us and spoke in a tense voice.

“So where are the two of you spending the morning?”

I glanced at Lex and I grinned. He gave me a smirk, turned to my dad and spoke in a friendly manner.

“I heard that Clark wanted to tour Met U. so I set up a private tour of the campus for us. I thought it would be a nice way for us to spend some time together. I’m always so busy with work. You should know how that is Mr. Kent…I thought it was time to take a day off.”

My dad thought what Lex said over for a few minutes before nodding and waving us off.

“Well have a good time.”

I nodded and we walked out. I guess Lex didn’t feel like driving because he had the limo with him. We got in and headed to Met U. A few minutes into the drive I noticed Lex looking at me oddly. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“What?”

He looked startled for a moment.

“Hmm?”

I shrugged.

“You look like you’re deep in thought about something.”

He grinned and inclined his head.

“That I am Clark…that I am. I have to confess that my wanting to spend some time with you wasn’t entirely the reason I set up this trip for us…I wanted to talk to you about something.”

I looked at him confused. Was he finally going to let me in on Project Falcon? Chloe told me about it like two weeks ago. I was telling her it sounded like it might have something to do with my dreams, but she brushed it off and said I was over reacting.

Which is quite possible…I had a tendency to overreact on occasion, but when I prodded some more she promised to keep a heads up if anything coincided with my dreams. Which sounded good to me.

I glanced at Lex and realized he was waiting for me to say something. I gave him a sheepish smile.

“Sorry my head was somewhere else. So what’s up? What do you need to talk to me about?”

I saw his body turn toward me as he started to speak.

“What’s going on with you and Chloe, Clark?”

His question startled me and I gave him a nervous laugh.

“What…what do you mean? There isn’t anything going on with Chloe and I. We’re…we’re friends…”

He gave me an inquisitive look.

“Just friends?”

I nodded in a frenzied way.

“Absolutely just friends that’s all…nothing more…”

Lex smiled.

“Good. I’m glad.”

Ok…. well good he’s…wait he’s glad? Why would he be glad?

“So you won’t mind if I take her out. I invited her to the children’s charity ball tonight and since you did date her once before I just wanted to make sure everything was officially over. You know…I don’t want to jeopardize our friendship…it means a lot to me.”

Jeopardize our friendship…Lex wants to date Chloe? No…that is not acceptable…I mean he’s not good enough for her…suddenly I heard a low voice in the back of my head. I scrunched up my face. It was talking to me. I listened closely so I could hear what it was saying…Lex isn’t good enough for her…no one is. The only person who can handle Chloe is you…she doesn’t want Lex…she wants you…take her…take her…

I felt an hand on my arm and I snapped my head to the left. What the hell was that? I saw a look of concern on Lex’s face.

“Clark…Clark are you ok?”

I nodded before I found my voice.

“Yeah…yeah I’m fine. I just…I don’t know…I think I’m coming down with something.”

Lex frowned.

“Should I take you back to the farm?”

“No no. It’s ok…I just need a minute. And umm about Chloe…it’s fine really…she deserves a…nice guy…just don’t hurt her ok?”

He gave me a genuine smile and nodded.

“Of course not Clark…thank you. I know I don’t need your permission but you’re one of the only friends I have…and I’d like to keep it that way.”

I nodded and tried to give him a smile but I’m pretty sure it failed. It was right as Lex’s phone rang though so I don’t think he caught it. I looked out the window and tried to quell the pounding voice inside my head. It was hissing in my ear telling me all kinds of horrible things…I swear I’m going insane…

You’re not…you’re not insane…you’re just tired of doing what everyone else wants you to do…the right thing…you don’t want Lex to be with Chloe…here’s your chance o put a stop to it…kill him…kill him and you’ll have her all to yourself…

I shook my head hard a few times and when I finally had enough I took my hand and slammed it hard into my head. Lex turned to me with a look of worry etched on his features. I didn’t care though…the voice was gone…and that’s all that mattered…

(Lois POV)

I parked my car and got out. I put money in the meter because apparently it was now a felony to not feed the meters…and walked into the Talon. I came in and glanced around for a few seconds before I spotted Chloe and Lana sitting at one of the back tables. I walked in their direction and called out.

“Doesn’t anyone work here anymore?”

Lana gave a small chuckle but it didn’t reach her eyes. I frowned as I sat down.

“What’s going on?”

Chloe looked to Lana and she nodded. I saw Chloe’s hand on top of Lana’s as she spoke. Her voice was soft.

“Jason and Lana broke up.”

I patted Lana’s arm.

“I’m so sorry. How are you holding up?”

She nodded slightly.

“Alright I guess…I mean he wasn’t who I thought he was. He was a bad guy and I guess the shock of what was going on kind of overshadows the actual breaking up.”

She shrugged.

“I should have known it was too good to be true.”

Chloe interjected lightly.

“Don’t worry Lana…you’ll find someone who’s right for you. It just takes time.”

I grinned at Chloe and Lana raised an eyebrow in her direction. Lana’s voice held amusement when she spoke.

“Since when are you Susie sunshine when it comes to relationships?”

Chloe went to say something but I cut her off.

“Since she’s been secretly seeing a billionaire!”

Chloe shook her head and Lana frowned.

“I am not seeing Lex. tonight is our first date. Jeez Lois…”

She trailed off when she saw Lana’s face. Was I not supposed to say that? Opps…I sat back and glanced back and forth between the two of them. When Lana spoke her voice sounded some what hurt.

“You and Lex are dating?”

Chloe’s voice came out reassuring.

“Not really. I mean we’re going on a date tonight…but we haven’t been out on one before today. We’ve just hung out as friends…”

I saw Lana’s back go rigid. Hmmm someone has a secret crush on the billionaire boy wonder…this should be interesting. Her voice was tight.

“I see. Well you guys enjoy your date tonight. I should get going though.”

She got up and turned to me. I saw a smile slip through her strained features.

“It was good to see you Lois…you should stop by more often. See you guys later.”

She turned on her heel and walked away. When she exited the café I glanced at Chloe who was glaring at me. I shrugged.

“What? How was I supposed to know she wouldn’t like the idea of you and Lex together?”

I heard her sigh.

“I don’t know…I just kinda feel bad now you know…I never though I’d have to clear anything with Lana…I thought her relationship was strictly business and friendship with Lex. I’ll have to talk to him about it.”

I saw her glance at her watch for the third time since I walked into the Talon. I chuckled.

“You got somewhere important to be cuz?”

She gave me a confused look and I pointed to her watch. She shook her head and frowned.

“No I just…it’s four and I have to leave in about five minutes to start getting ready for tonight. The Charity ball is in Metropolis and it starts at seven thirty. Clark still hasn’t stopped by here and Lex called me over an hour ago telling me he was back home and he’d send the car for me at five fifteen.”

Ahh it always came back to Clark…the farm boy didn’t know what he was missing…granted I didn’t want him dating Chloe…but she would be off the charts happy with him for some reason…and I want her to be happy. I sighed as she gathered her stuff together and got up.

“You gonna be here for a while Lo’?”

I nodded.

“If you see Clark tell him I waited and to call me later when he gets a chance ok?”

I saluted her as she walked to the door.

“Eye eye cuz.”

She grinned and waved before walking out of the Talon. I shook my head. Someone need to take a mallet and slam Smallville over the head with it…hmm that’s not a bad idea…I should go find a mallet…
Several Hours Later

(Chloe POV)

The limo had just dropped me off at home. It was past midnight and I groaned as I walked to my room carrying my heels. As soon as I was all the way in my bedroom the door slammed shut. I dropped my shoes and whirled around massively scared when the lights flicked on and Clark was standing in front of me.

I placed my hand on my heart and shook my head. For those few seconds before the light came on I thought I was a goner…he scared the crap out of me. I raised an eyebrow in his direction as I tried to calm my rapidly beating heart.

“Clark…Jesus…what’s going on, is everything ok? What are you doing here?”

He shrugged, walked over to my bed and sat down. His voice came out with a small edge to it when he spoke.

“How was the charity ball with Lex? Have fun?”

I looked away from him and moved toward my closet.

“Umm yeah…it was nice.”

His voice was low.

“Just nice?”

I turned around to face him and took in his demeanor for a few seconds before speaking. I shrugged.

“It was a ball with a bunch of rich people. I didn’t really fit it but it was a nice change from my usual activities.”

He glared softly in my direction.

“You mean hanging out with me?”

I was startled by the anger in his voice and I walked over to him and moved my long dress out of the way as I crouched down so I was level with him.

“Hey…you know I love hanging out with you Clark…and by the way don’t you dare sit here all high and mighty when you blew me off this afternoon. I waited three and a half hours for you…where the hell were you?”

He had the nerve to look sheepish.

“Sorry Chloe…I got a little…sick when I was with Lex. I should have called.”

I nodded.

“You’re damn right you should have…you’re just lucky I forgive easily.”

He smiled and as I stood up I saw his eyes roam my body. They grew a shade darker and I took a step back.

“I should probably change and get to bed…maybe we could meet up for breakfast tomorrow…what do you say?”

He grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. I could see some kind of struggle taking place on his face and then…seconds later…it was gone and he pulled me flush against him. His eyes stared into mine and his face came so close to mine that I could feel his breath brush against my lips when he spoke. His voice was low and sultry. My heart started beating frantically against my chest.

“Chloe…I want you…”

Holy crap…what did he just say? I…I must have misunderstood him I mean oh god were those his lips….mmhh they definitely were…I felt his soft lips kissing mine as one arm wound around my waist and the other cupped my face and pulled me closer. I didn’t even have time to protest…not that I would…

His tongue glided over my lips parting them and I opened willingly for him. He held me so tight my feet came off the floor and I felt him walking backwards to the bed. When the back of his knees hit it he gently sat down and pulled me on top of him. When my legs straddled his and our bodies met I moaned loud.

Oh god he felt so good…

“Oh…Clark…”

I could feel his grin against my neck where he had put his mouth only seconds before. His voice was husky when he spoke.

“That’s right baby…don’t forget my name…I’ll be making you scream it later…”

I pulled away and my eyes widened like saucers as he grinned like a Cheshire cat. He threw me off him and onto the bed. I placed my hands on the bed and moved myself up a bit as he crawled over me with cat like grace. I was about to say something when he claimed my mouth again. oh god…what am I doing? This is Clark! Oh god….this is Clark…

He sucked on a particularly sensitive part of my neck and I groaned and grabbed onto his head urging him on. I wanted to protest…to tell him to stop. But I couldn’t I wanted him so bad…and I just couldn’t bring myself to interrupt him. I didn’t care if I regretted this in the morning…I was going to enjoy it while it lasted…his voice brought me out of my thoughts.

“God Chloe…I’ve wanted you for so long…I’m sick of pushing my feelings for you aside…I want you…right now.”

I felt his hands gliding down my hips all the way down to my ankles. When he moved his hand back up it was under my satin dress. Each inch his hand came up…the dress came up with it until the palm of his hand was tightly gripping my thigh. He spread my legs and settled between them. He felt amazing against me. I had my eyes closed and when he spoke I could here the tension in his voice.

“Open your eyes Chloe.”

I did as he asked. His eyes bore intensely into mine.

“Tell me you want me.”

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. He moved his body against mine and I moaned.

“Tell me.”

I nodded and my voice sounded strange to even me.

“I…I want you Clark…so bad…”

He nodded.

“Good.”

He started kissing me again but harder this time and his hands were everywhere at once. I’ve never felt anything like it before. It was like he was stimulating every part of me at the same time…I was in heaven…my body was on cloud nine and Clark…god Clarks amazing…I pushed my head back into the pillow and moaned.

The last thing I remember thinking before I stopped thought all together and just enjoyed the sensations Clark was giving me…was I don’t know what Lex said to him….but it was obviously something wonderfully amazing to get this kind of reaction…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)