December 23, 2008

Quintessence Chapter (10/13)

Chapter 10



Chapter 9 Part A
Three Weeks Later
(Clark POV)




It was one of those gross rainy days where you just wanna stay in bed all day. Was I in bed? No I was in the barn doing my chores. It’s been three weeks since that stupid dinner at Lex’s Mansion and Chloe still hasn’t broken up with Lex…in her defense things have been really hectic lately.

She’s been spending most of her spare time researching to help me try and figure out what happened to me a few weeks ago. It hasn’t happened again thank god and I got to spend a lot of time with Chloe…so I suppose it wasn’t all bad. She actually left here about an hour ago to finally go break up with Lex….

I was feeding the horses when I heard soft cries coming from outside the barn. Who is that? I turned my head and in walked a distraught Chloe. I dropped what I was doing and jogged over to her. As soon as she saw me a few stray tears came down her face and I wrapped her in my arms. She held on tight and I frowned. What happened? Should I ask her? I mean I don’t want to upset her anymore than she already is.

I moved her arms length away from me and she hiccupped and wiped at her tears angrily. I raised an eyebrow.

“Chlo…Chloe…what’s wrong?”

She didn’t answer me so I asked again.

“Chloe what happened?”

She sniffled a few more times before answering me in an angry voice. She shook her head.

“I’m being ridiculous…I mean…you and I…we’re practically together…and I was going to break up…with Lex anyway…but…still…. it…it hurts.”

She wiped her eyes and tried to calm herself as she sat on a pile of hay. It’s hurts…she’s this upset about breaking up with Lex? Is it bad that that makes me mad? I frowned and I tempered my voice before I spoke because I didn’t want to come out insensitive.

“Umm…I’m sorry Chlo…I didn’t realize that you…cared about Lex so…much…”

She snorted and I raised an eyebrow at her. Her eyes flashed from upset to amusement and then straight to anger.

“He’s been sleeping with her…or at least he was today…who knows how long it’s been going on…”

I gave her a confused look.

“Huh? Who’s sleeping with who?”

Her eyes met mine.

“Lana. Lex has been sleeping with Lana. When I left here I went straight to the mansion to talk to Lex. By the way I apologize that it took me so long to do so…you’ve been incredibly patient with me…”

She gave me a small smile and I nodded while she continued.

“Anyway I went straight there. Johnny let me right in…” I frowned and she clarified, “that’s the head of his security team. So he let me in and told me Lex was in the library…so what do I do?”

I realized she was waiting for me to answer so I did.

“Umm you went to the library?”

She nodded and talked while her hands moved a mile a minute.

“I go to the library. Well I opened the doors walked in and there in the library chair is Lana…riding Lex like he’s a stallion in her next horse race and she’s going for the gold!”

My eyes widened at Chloe’s description and I might have blushed slightly. She gave me a tiny grin and shook her head. After a minute I scrunched up my face in distaste. Lana’s been sleeping with Lex…I’m not sure how I felt about that…I mean I’m not in love with Lana anymore…but if Lex could cheat on Chloe then he could cheat on Lana too…

Chloe must have seen my expression because the look on her face fell and she sighed. Wonderful…what did I do now? I must have did something because she’s looking at me like I just killed her cat…if she had a cat.

“Chlo?”

She shrugged.

“You mad that Lana’s been sleeping with Lex?”

I sighed. I get it now…well I’m not Lex. I’ll always care about Lana…but I can’t be honest with her about who I really am. Even if I wanted to in the past I don’t think it would be right now…I can’t explain it. It just doesn’t feel right anymore…Chloe feels right and I hate that she keeps doubting how much I really care about her.

I sat down next to her and placed my arm around her.

“Chloe, I want you to listen and listen good because I’m only going to say this once. After today I won’t say it again. I understand that you have…issues with Lana. No don’t interrupt. I respect that…hell a lot of it is my fault. But I don’t want Lana…I had her and we didn’t work out. Chloe, you have seen all of me and still accepted me no questions asked. I was more afraid to tell you my secret than anyone else…why do you think that is?”

She raised an eyebrow and tried cracking a joke.

“Because you were scared I’d put you on the front page of the paper?”

I gave her a small chuckle.

“No, because I was you’d look at me differently. I was afraid you would leave me and I don’t know what I’d do without you Chlo…”

She gave me a grin and bumped shoulders with me.

“Thanks Clark…I needed that, and I’m sorry. I do know how much you care about me…sometimes I just…I dunno I can’t believe it you know?”

I nodded.

“Well believe it. Because as soon as you want me I’m all yours.”

I saw a genuine smile grace her features and then the clearing of a throat disrupted our moment. We turned our heads simultaneously and standing there in the doorway of the barn was Lex. Well…this should be fun…I glanced at my watch and noticed it was time for school and I was gonna be late. I looked between Chloe and Lex and sighed as I got up.

“Listen Chlo I’ll meet you at school my free period is about to end I gotta get going. Don’t be late this is your Torch period…stupid Phin…I mean Phin is probably there wondering what he’s supposed to be doing.”

She smirked at me.

“Phin is doing a story on the lunch meat…and you can take over in my absence. I’ll be there soon.”

I nodded and gave her a kiss on the forehead before walking past Lex. I raised an eyebrow and gave him a small grin that of course I didn’t let Chloe see.

“Hey Lex.”

He shook his head and gave me a minuscule glare as I walked by.

“Clark.”

That’s right. Lex knows I like Chloe…because last week he asked me if I did and I came straight out and told him that I’ve been trying to convince her for weeks to leave him and he laughed. That’s right laughed. He said something about how it’s good to know that we can be honest with each other and may the best man win…well apparently I’m the best man…no doubt in my mind here…

(Chloe POV)

I watched Clark walk out of the barn and leave Lex and I alone. Lex walked further inside and stood there quietly for a few minutes. I raised an eyebrow and waited. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again quickly after. I wasn’t sure whether he was trying to come up with an excuse as to why he did what he did or if he was trying to collect his thoughts and come up with a good apology.

Either way it didn’t matter. We were over. I was going there to break up with him because I wanted to be with Clark.. I turned my attention back to Lex and when he finally spoke his voice was sincere.

“I won’t make excuses for why I was with Lana behind your back. I honestly didn’t go looking for it…but that doesn’t excuse that I did it. I also won’t lie and say that I’m sorry for what I did.”

I frowned and was about to yell before he cut me off.

“No…I am sorry I hurt you. I never meant for you to see that., but I’m not sorry for the action itself. Chloe…you and I are one and the same. We have both been pinning after two people who have been pinning after each other. You’ve been pulling away from me for the last few weeks. It was as if our relationship was over before it ever truly began.”

He had a point…but he still cheated on me. In all fairness I cheated on him too but that was only that one time. Nothings happened between Clark and I since then…can he say the same about him and Lana?

“You don’t want me in that way Chloe…you want Clark. And even though I find you incredibly attractive…that’s all it is. A sexual desire…I tried to pretend that’s all it was with Lana. But it’s not and I can’t help that. I realize my actions were…inexcusable but I’d really like it if we could remain friends.”

Wow. He just basically broke up with himself for me…nice. I suppose I can keep my friendship with Lex…I mean he still has a whole bunch of information I’d like to get about the energy signature…his team has figured out that’s it’s coming from a person…we just don’t know who.

I got up off the pile of hay and shrugged.

“I’m not so much hurt as I am mad Lex. Do you honestly think that if you told me you wanted to be with Lana that I’d stand in your way? All you had to do was tell me. I have had Clark on my case for weeks and not once in those weeks did I cheat on you. And you know how badly I have always wanted him to look at me the way he does Lana.”

I folded my arms across my chest and my voice came out tired.

“I just would have liked the same courtesy…that’s’ all.”

He nodded.

“You’re right…and I apologize. We can either move on from this and be friends or I can leave you alone and not bother you anymore. The choice is yours.”

Did I want Lex’s friendship? I mean it sure didn’t pay to be his enemy…and like I said before there’s still that project to worry about…friends is good…I can do friends.

I held out my hand to him and gave him a small smile.

“Friends?”

He grinned and took it.

“Friends.”

I hoped back up on the hay and smiled as I kicked my feet back and forth he raised an eyebrow and his voice came out reprimanding as he glanced at his watch.

“Should you be heading to school?”

I snorted.

“Are you really asking me that when Lana spent the morning playing hide the salami with you and missed English Lit?”

His eyes opened slightly wider and he gave an undignified chuckle as he held his hands up.

“Fair enough. I need to get going though. I have a meeting.”

I nodded and jumped down to follow Lex out. I was walking bedside him and he glanced my way.

“Chloe…”

“Hmm?”

He stopped at his car and turned to me before he opened his door.

“Why are you following me?”

I grinned.

“I need a copy of all the recent data from Project Falcon…I think I might have a lead. Can you get it to me by the end of today?”

He frowned.

“I don’t know Chloe…”

I shook my head.

“You owe me…you cheated with my best friend…you have to give me the papers…it’s a rule…”

He smiled at my ridiculous statement but nodded.

“Fine ill call you when I get home and you can come pick them up from the mansion.”

I nodded.

“Thanks.”

He got in his car and gave me a wave before taking off down the dirt road. I gazed down at my watch as I was standing there. Crap! I’m late for Chemistry. Dammit! I got into my car and sped out of the Kent farm. Maybe if I hurried I make it by the end of the class…


(Phin POV)

I was sitting in the stupid Torch office twiddling my damn thumbs. It’s been three weeks since dinner and I had thought if I got close enough to Clark that night I’d be able to jump into his body…well I did…for about five seconds and then I went shooting back into this human vessel. And now I’ve been stuck conserving my energy since that night. I’m almost at my full strength again but it’ll still be a while before I can try again.

If my true body hadn’t been destroyed on Krypton I’d be ruling this planet already. As it is my powers are starting to dwindle because my essence is dieing out. I won’t be able to survive much longer on this planet without a suitable body. The door opening distracted my thoughts. I sat up in my chair and tried to look busy. I glanced up and saw Clark.

Hmm maybe today wouldn’t be such a waste of a day.

“Hello Clark.”

He glared in my direction.

“Phin.”

Let’s see what he’ll do if I mess with him a bit.

“Listen Clark…you and I should really work things out. I mean we have mutual friends…we work together on the paper…don’t you think that whatever hang ups we have we should just get over them? I mean what’s your problem with me anyway man?”

He frowned and walked around the desk not facing me.

“I don’t trust you.”

Well at least he wasn’t as stupid as he looked. I shrugged and he turned to face me.

“Clark…where on the same side…I don’t know why you think I’m here to cause trouble for you.”

His face filled with confusion.

“The same side of what?”

I smiled. I concentrated on an image and threw it into his head. I saw his face fill with horror and he shook his head quickly and moved away from me. When the image left him he glanced in my direction and his eyes hardened at the look on my face. His voice came out menacing.

“It’s you…isn’t it?”

I frowned.

“What’s me?”

He came over and lifted me up by my shirt collar. That’s it Kal-El…get nice and mad…

“You’re messing with my head…the dreams…the voice I’ve been hearing…”

I held my arms up as he slammed me into the wall still holding on to me.

“Wow…Clark…man…I have no clue what you’re talking about…but if you’re hearing voices and seeing things…I think you should get that checked out man…it’s not healthy.”

He threw me across the room and I crashed into a desk, he started walking my way when I saw Chloe open the door. A look of horror crossed her face and she ran across the room and grabbed Clark’s arm just as he was about to bring it down on me. He turned and was about to hit her before he realized who it was. I could hear the confusion in his voice.

“Chloe?”

She frowned.

“Yea…Clark…what’s going on here? What…what are you doing?”

Her voice wavered slightly and I could see the fear in her eyes…Clark must have seen it to because he tore his arm away from her and glared in her direction. His voice came out hard.

“So what…you’re afraid of me now Chloe?”

She was shaking her head as he pushed off the arm she was trying to grab him with and he stormed out of the office. Chloe watched him go and sighed before bending down to help me up. She gave me a look of concern.

“You ok Phin? Here let me get you a something for that lip.”

She walked over to her desk and pulled out a first aide kit. I sat in the chair by her desk as she started to patch me up. I gave her a small smile but she didn’t return it.

“What happened?”

I shrugged.

“He came in here in a bad mood and I was trying to talk to him tell him that whatever bugs him about me we should work it out because we have mutual friends…”

I pointed to my mangled face.

“He obviously didn’t like that idea. He said something about it being me I’m doing something or other. I don’t know Chloe…I think your friend need’s to get himself some help. He was talking about seeing things and hearing voices or something.”

Her face got an even more troubled look on it and I had to smile to myself. She stood up and glanced out the door as she spoke to me.

“You ok here Phin? I kinda wanna go check on Clark…make sure he hasn’t attempted murder yet.”

“Sure I’ll be fine.”

She nodded gave me a distracted smile and left. As soon as I was sure she was gone I concentrated on the bruises and cuts. When I opened my eyes there were more severe and I looked like hell. I needed a little more time to get back my strength and then not even Clark Kent would be able to stop me from destroying his world…



Chapter 9 Part B

(Chloe POV)

Where the hell is he! This damn school is only so big…but then again we’re talking about Clark here…he could have zipped off to anywhere by now. I sighed. I went outside to the parking lot, walked over to my car and stood there. I spoke softly.

“Clark…Clark if you can hear me…please come back…I need you…”

I wanted a few seconds and then closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes Clark standing in front of me startled me. I blinked and gave him a small grin.

“I didn’t actually think that would work…”

His voice was void of emotion and he had a hurt look in his eyes.

“What do you want Chloe?”

I groaned, moved forward and placed my hands on Clark’s biceps. I shook my head when he tried to pull away.

“No…stay right where I have you. I swear Clark…we suck at this.”

He frowned and gave me a confused expression. That was probably the last thing he thought I’d say.

“What are you talking about?”

I motioned between us with my hands…

“This…us…our communication. Instead of listening to each other we always assume we know what the other is thinking and usually we assume wrong. The great thing is…it’s not just you! It’s me too, and now that I’ve realized it…we can fix it. Cause it’s putting a serious damper on our almost relationship…”

I gave him a small smile and he chuckled a bit. Hey that was a start…I stroked his arm lightly.

“Let’s start here…when I came into the Torch I was startled. I admit I was a little afraid…but not of you Clark…never of you. I trust you with my life. I thought you knew that?”

He gave me a sheepish look and shrugged.

“I do know…and I’m sorry. I just…god Chlo…all I saw on your face was fear…and right away I thought the worst. That was the look I always prayed you’d never direct at me…and there it was plane as day, and I got scared. I thought that maybe…you were finally seeing what I was afraid you see…that I’m just this big dumb alien who doesn’t deserve you…”

He looked down and at that moment I had so many emotions running through me at once that I couldn’t decide what to do. I wanted to laugh at how adorable he was…cry at how much I would have hurt him if I did run away from what he was, and I wanted to grab him and throw him on the floor and show him how I could care less that he was an alien.

I grinned and patted him on the shoulder.

“True…you are a big dumb alien…but unfortunately for you that doesn’t stop me from loving you…so it looks like you’re stuck with me.”

He smiled, closed the distance between us, pulled me into his body and kissed me. Oh yea…I’d never get tired of Clark’s kisses…there amazing…when we pulled apart he grinned and I laughed. His voice had a happy tinge to it.

“So I guess we’re officially together…”

I nodded.

“You bet we are! Which means you’ll have to dump all your other girlfriends…”

He smirked and played along as he draped an arm around me and led me back over to my car.

“They’ll be so disappointed…”

I chuckled and he opened my door for me then got into the passenger seat. I started off toward the farm and as we were driving I decided I should probably ask about the whole trying to kill Phin thing…I sighed.

“So…seriously now…why in the world did you attack Phin?”

I heard him exhale deeply.

“I was in the Torch with him and we were talking…then he got a strange look on his face and all of a sudden these images of people dieing, being tortured, laying on the ground bloody…they all start to fill my head. It ran through for a few minutes and then I shook my head hard and nothing…it was gone. But when I looked at Phin he had this smile on his face…the kind that says he knows something I don’t…”

He shrugged.

“I don’t know Chlo…I just get the really bad vibe off him…”

I nodded as I pulled into the farm. I parked the car and turned to face him.

“I get it Clark…honest I do, but you need to stop getting into fights with him. If there is something off there let me look into it…I just…I don’t want to see you get in trouble because of this or worse hurt Phin bad enough that there isn’t any going back. Ok?”

It took him a while but I saw him nod. I smiled as he sat there picking at his shirt.

“So now that that’s out of the way…I wonder how I should spend my time until Lex calls…”

I grinned at him and he gave me a confused look.

“Why’s Lex calling?”

The grin left my lips as I raised an eyebrow.

“Is that all you heard?”

“No…but I’m curious.”

I leaned back in the seat and scowled.

“I need to go pick up paperwork from him on Project Falcon…apparently the energy source is coming from a person.”

He looked intrigued. Wonderful…just what I needed something else distracting him.

“Does he know who it’s coming from?”

I gave him a sarcastic look.

“Clark…think about that question…if we knew who it was would I need the information to research?”

He shrugged.

“You’ll let me know though…right? When you find out?”

“Yup.”

I nodded, opened the car door and got out. He followed me and when I started going into the house he turned my body toward the barn and continued walking. When we got into the loft I plopped down on the couch and Clark paced.

“Wait…why are you still talking to Lex? I thought the two of you were done.”

I stretched my arms up and watched as Clark’s eyes followed the movement of the shirt riding up. I smirked.

“We are…but we’ve decided to be friends.”

I saw his face scrunch up and I tried to hide my smile. Awww was Clark Jealous? That’s sweet. His voice came out soft.

“Well…I guess that’s good.”

I nodded and he glanced over my body. That’s right Clark…focus girlfriend ten o clock. I saw him smile and start walking over to me.

“You know…my mom and dad are in Metropolis tonight.”

I raised an eyebrow. My voice came out silkily.

“Really?”

He nodded.

“Mmm hmm.”

He climbed onto the couch and on top of me. I laughed as he grinned at me. He leaned over my shoulder and started kissing my neck. I tilted my head back to give him better access. I could feel his rough palm go under and up my shirt. Oh god…his hand felt good against my skin. His other hand started making it’s way down to my belt.

As his fingers unzipped my pants and his hand was about to reach in side my cell phone buzzed. Clark cursed and I could feel him shaking his head against me.

“Just leave it Chlo…we’re busy…”

All I could do was moan and then it started vibrating again. I growled and tried to adjust myself but Clark was in the way.

“Move Clark.”

“No…we are busy…they can wait until we’re done. It can’t be that important.”

I closed my eyes as his hands started doing things that should be illegal in all fifty states. I tilted my head back and moaned as the phone started vibrating again. Ok that’s it! It’s official…I’m gonna kill whoever is on that phone! I sighed in frustration, reached behind me and flipped open the phone. Clark rolled his eyes as I yelled out.

“What!”

It was quiet for a second before I heard Lois’s voice come over the line.

“I don’t care what you’re doing right now Chloe…you need to stop.”

Her voice was deadly calm and with Lois…that wasn’t a good thing. Crap! I stilled Clark’s hand; he was about to protest when he saw the look on my face. He raised and eyebrow and whispered.

“What’s wrong?”

I shook my head and pushed myself up a bit.

“Hey Lois…what’s up?”

There was a pregnant pause over the line before her quiet voice came over the line again.

“Why didn’t you call me?”

I frowned. What was she talking about?

“What are you talking about Lo’?”

Her voice got an angry edge to it now.

“Dammit Chloe! Stop protecting him! Did you see what he did to Phin? Why wouldn’t you call me? Phin’s in the hospital right now…what the hell did Clark do…beat him with a sledgehammer?”

I opened my mouth and shut it quickly. I had absolutely no clue what to say to that…Phin was hurt when I left yeah…but hospital worthy? Definitely not. Something weird was going on here…

“Hello Chloe! Are you even listening to me?”

I sighed.

“Yes Lois I hear you, but I was the last person to see Phin and he was bruised up and had a bloody lip but nothing that required a hospital…I swear. I mean jeez what kind of a person do you think I am Lo’? If he needed a hospital I would have taken him to one. I wouldn’t have just left him there.”

Clark frowned and sat up at this information. He started talking so I covered the mouthpiece to my phone so Lois wouldn’t hear him.

“Wait hospital…I didn’t hurt him that bad Chlo…I mean yeah I could have been more gentle but he was fine when I stormed out.”

I nodded.

“I know…I made sure…” I put a finger up signaling one minute to Clark because Lois was yelling something in my ear and I couldn’t concentrate on both of them.

“What Lo?”

I could hear the frustration in her voice.

“I want to know what happened Chloe…I want to know why Smallville up and attacked my boyfriend for no reason. Phin is begin released in about an hour when I leave here I’m going to the farm to talk to Clark. You might want to make sure you’re there if you want him to be alive tomorrow.”

The call disconnected and I cringed as I looked at my phone. When I glanced up at Clark he was sitting on his knees above me with a nervous look on his face. His voice came out cautious.

“What happened?”

I gave him sympathetic look.

“She’s coming here…to…umm talk to you?”

His eyes widened and he jumped up from the couch.

“Crap…crap Chloe…should I leave the state?”

I gave him a small smile as he paced. Maybe Clark was right…maybe something was up with Phin…I mean why is he in the hospital? Lois was going on like something was really wrong with him but I saw and when I left he was fine. If he is hurt worse now it wasn’t by Clark’s doing. I snapped out of my thoughts when Clark practically yelled my name.

“Chloe!”

I snapped my head over to him and gave him a guilty look.

“Sorry Clark…I was just thinking that maybe you’re right…”

He gave me confused look.

“About what?”

I rolled my eyes.

“About Phin.”

I got up and buckled my pants. I started walking toward the stairs when I felt a hand press onto my shoulder and stop me. I raised an eyebrow at Clark. He was looking at me like I was nuts. His voice came out clear and slow.

“Where…are…you…going?”

“I’m gonna see if Lex is back yet I wanna get my hands on that information. It may be the only lead to find out what’s going on with you. I haven’t had much luck with anything else…and we need to figure this out Clark…”

He sighed.

“I know that Chloe…but…don’t leave me here to face Lois alone…she’s your cousin”

His voice came out in a whine and I grinned.

“Yeah well you’re the one who decided to beat up her boyfriend.”

He glared at me and I shrugged.

“What do you want me to do Clark? She’s gonna yell with or without me here. Wouldn’t you rather I be doing something useful like finding out what is going on with you and fixing it so this doesn’t happen anymore?”

I saw him inhale deeply and nod.

“You’re right. Call me later?”

I smiled.

“Definitely.”

I leaned up and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around me and backed me up against the banister. I chuckled.

“We’ll have to finish this later.”

He smiled as I headed down the stairs and out of the barn. Lex hasn’t called me yet but I’m tired of waiting. I’m just going to go over there and see if he’s home yet…but I’ll make sure this time I knock before going in…because if I wanted to watch porn it surely wouldn’t involve Lex and Lana…


(Clark POV)

I was pacing back and forth in the barn when Lois walked in. the minute I saw her I stopped. Her eyes were squinted and her jaw was set. I sighed. This wasn’t going to be easy. As soon as she opened her mouth I held up a hand.

“Before you say anything Lois I have something to say. Let me start with I’m sorry…I never meant to hurt Phin. Something is going on with me…I don’t know how to explain it and I don’t know what it is. I’m not trying to make excuses for myself but I swear to you…when I left the Torch office at school Phin was not hurt bad enough to be admitted to the hospital…”

I saw her glancing over my body taking me in. For some reason she looked less angry then I thought she would…She walked over to me and I waited a few minutes for her to finally speak.

“I know.”

I frowned. She knew what? My voice came out with a slight nervous edge to it.

“You think you can clarify that statement?”

She rolled her eyes and walked around me.

“I know something isn’t right. After I got off the phone with Chloe I told Phin what she said…and there were some…inconsistencies in his story…I just I don’t know why he’d lie to me.”

I placed a hand on Lois’s shoulder and gave it a squeeze. I spoke softly.

“I know you don’t want to hear this Lois but I really think there is something off with Phin. That’s why we’ve been getting into so many fights lately…he’s hiding something.”

I saw her shake her head as she turned away from me.

“Why is it that I always attract the crazy ones? I just…I mean he’s been so great. What exactly do you think is wrong with him?”

She turned back to me and I could see her trying to hide her emotions…and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I really don’t know Lois, but Chloe is on the case. We’re going to figure this out…but if he trusts you Lois…maybe…maybe you could get something out of him. I know it’s a lot to ask but if he tells anyone anything…it’d be you.”

She frowned at me and snorted in my direction.

“You want me to get information for you out of my boyfriend so you can what…have him sent to jail or where…that Belle Reve place?”

I went to say something but she cut me off.

“I’ll have to think about it. I should go…I’ll see you later Smallville.”

She turned and walked quickly out of the barn. I was left standing there feeling like a tidal wave had just crashed over my head. Lois always does that to me…she somehow manages to startle, confuse, and lose me all at once. I know she’ll help…even though she doesn’t want to believe that Phin is bad news…

She knows Chloe wouldn’t lie…we could trust Lois…hell I’ll even go as far as to say I’m glad she’s on our side…hopefully she’d be able to get out of him what we couldn’t…You wanna play Phin…fine…let the games begin…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)