December 5, 2009

Memories of Us Chapter (11/13)



Chapter 11
‘Dreams Do Come True’




“Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do. Sometimes happiness doesn’t come from money or fame or power. Sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family and the quiet nobility of leading a good life. Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do.”

Tree Hill Hospital
Tree Hill- 2013

Lucas Scott sat perfectly still as he looked down at his newborn daughter. She was beautiful. He couldn’t remember ever holding something so tiny and precious in his arms before. He glanced up at the sound of the hospital room’s door being pushed open.

Haley, Nathan, and Jamie walked into the room with balloons and presents. He grinned up at them and spoke in a whisper.

“Hey guys, Brookes sleeping, so keep your voices down okay?”

They nodded. Jamie put the presents down before making his way over to Lucas.

“Wow, she’s so small Uncle Lucas.”

“I know buddy. Hey Amálin, this is your cousin Jamie. Jamie meet Amálin Rose Scott.”

Jamie made a face and waved. Nathan touched her hand and smiled at Lucas.

“I’m finally an Uncle.”

Lucas nodded and laughed. Brooke chose that moment to wake up. She rubbed her eyes and winced as she sat up slightly. She glanced over at them and her voice was hoarse as she spoke in a playfully sarcastic tone.

“Well your brother took his time knocking me up. Sorry you had to wait Nate.”

Their heads shot around to Brooke and Lucas stood carefully, walked over to her, and sat down next to her with the baby in his arms. Her face softened right away. Brooke smiled down on her daughter.

“Hey there baby girl…how’s my sweet Amálin? Have you been spending quality time with daddy?”

Lucas shifted the baby into Brooke’s arm and then put an arm around her as he looked at Haley and Nathan. Haley walked over and sat in a chair on Brookes other side. Brooke grinned at her.

“Hey baby girl look, it’s Aunt Haley. Your favorite godmother.”

The statement surprised Haley. She glanced at Brooke with tears in her eyes and Brooke nodded.

“There isn’t anyone else in the world who’s awesome enough to be my kids godmother Tutor Wife.”

Haley laughed.

“That means a lot…thanks Tigger.”

Lucas looked at Nathan.

“Same here man. I’ll sleep better knowing that Amálin’s got her Uncle Nate if anything ever happens to me.”

Nathan nodded and shook Lucas’ hand.

“I’d be honored man.”

Nathan, Haley, and Jamie spent the next hour with Lucas, Brooke and the new baby. When they finally left Brooke was exhausted. Lucas watched as she closed her eyes with Amálin asleep on her chest. He walked over and stroked her hair. Brooke grinned before slowly opening her eyes.

“Hey there Pretty Girl. How are you feeling?”

“Happy…”

He smiled and sat down in the chair next to her.

“Me too. Have I told you lately how much I love you Brook Scott?”

She gave him an innocent smile.

“Well…yes, but you can always tell me again. I never get tired of hearing it Broody.”

He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“I love you…thank you…thank you for our life Brooke…I honestly don’t know if there is anything that could make me happier then I am at this moment.”

I tear rolled down Brooke’s cheek and she sniffled as Lucas wiped it away.

“Me too Luke. God…I thought the happiest day of my life was when we got married…but being pregnant…having your baby…looking at her. Knowing she’s a little bit of you and a little bit of me…it’s indescribable. Look at her Luke…we made this…we made this gorgeous baby…”

He nodded.

“Yeah we did…and I can’t wait to make a whole bunch more with you.”

She giggled and he smirked. Brooke watched her daughter for a few minutes before looking up at Lucas with a sober look on her face. He frowned and took her hand in his.

“What’s wrong?”

“Promise me something Luke.”

“Anything…”

“Promise we’ll always be like this…happy and together…that you’ll never leave us…”

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow.

“I promise…on one condition.”

“Anything…”

“You promise me the same…that we’ll always be like this…happy and together.”

She grinned.

“I promise.”

He nodded and she leaned over carefully and captured his lips with her in a passionate kiss, pouring all of her love into that one action. That day Brooke and Lucas promised each other they’d always be together, they’d always be happy, but we can’t control life and promises can’t always be kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)