December 5, 2009

Memories of Us Chapter (9/13)



Chapter 9
‘Always and Forever’



“Someday, this beach might was away…the oceans may dry…the sun could dim, but on that day. I’ll still be loving you. Always and forever.” –Nathan Scott-


Brooke’s House
New York- 2009


Brooke had just finished fishing her hair when the doorbell rang. She grinned and ran towards the door. She hadn’t been able to see Lucas as much as she would have liked the past for months. Their lived had taken them in different directions and a long distance relationship was difficult.

Lucas had called earlier to tell Brooke he was in town and had some big news. She brushed invisible lint off or shirt before opening the door. She grinned.

“Well, Well. Lucas Scott.”

He smiled, and pulled her into his arms. She gave him a fierce hug before he captured her lips with his. After a few minutes of making out in the doorway, he pulled back slightly and laughed.

“You got my message”

“I sure did Broody. You didn’t think I was going to miss the chance to spend a night with my favorite boyfriend while he’s in town did you?”

He rolled his eyes as she dragged him into the house and shut the door. He raised an eyebrow at her as she led him into the living room.

“Favorite boyfriend huh? I better be your only boyfriend miss Davis.”

She pushed him down on the couch, straddled him, and smirked.

“Always.”

His eyes softened as his hands held onto her hips.

“God, it is good to see you Brooke…I missed you Cheery.”

“Ditto Broody…ditto.”

She kissed him again and when they broke apart she rested her head against his and sighed.

“So…what’s this big news that brings you to the Big Apple?”

“My book’s being published.”

Her eyes widened and she pulled back from him so she could look at his face.

“Oh my god Lucas really?”

He chuckled and nodded.

“I can’t believe you’re books going to be published. You’re going to be such a rock star.”

He rolled his eyes.

“This coming from my girlfriend with the super hot clothing line.”

She shrugged as she moved off his lap on to the couch next to him. She was so excited for Lucas. He had been at this for a long time and to finally have his novel picked up by a publisher is amazing. She was so proud of him. He watched her fidgeting around and he shook his head.

Same old Brooke Davis, thought Lucas. When he got word that his book was being published he had to tell Brooke. Everything was finally falling into place. Brooke had her clothing line that was doing amazing, Lucas had his book and Nathan was being drafted into the NBA. Life was good. It was time for Lucas to take the next step.

He didn’t just come to New York to meet with his editor and to see Brooke. He came on a mission. He flew out to New York alone, but hopefully he wouldn’t be going home alone. He cleared his throat and focused on Brooke when he realized she was talking.

“True, but my mom thinks that we can do better with that too. Check this out. It’s her plans to take Clothes over Bros to the next level. We have high end couture, a cosmetic company and my own magazine.”

He glanced over the paperwork Brooke was showing him and nodded. He was impressed. Victoria was a bitch, but she was a productive bitch.

“B. Davis? Hey wait; you could give my book its first good review.”

Brooke laughed and nodded.

“I sure can boyfriend. You know sometimes expanding seems like a good idea. Sometimes I don’t know. This is the most time I’ve spent with my mom since the maternity ward but I’m scared if I let her in that Clothes over Bros isn’t going to be mine anymore ya know?”

He nodded.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. My editor, Lindsey, she just wants to make all these changes to my novel and…I’m not sure if they’re the right changes to make you know?”

Brooke had a look of concentration as she nodded.

“Have you discussed that with her? Let her know that you don’t want to change the integrity of the story?”

Lucas smiled at Brooke. She knew exactly why he didn’t want to change the book. Every word…sentence and story was a part of his life, his family and friends. He wanted to tell the story the way it was. Brooke realized he was staring at her and she made a face.

“What?”

“Nothing…just…you. I missed you.”

Brooke’s face lit up with a grin before she jumped off the couch and spoke.

“Pretty high class problems we got… we should be celebrating not complaining. Let’s go out!”

“Sounds like a good plan.”

Not long later Brooke and Lucas were sitting in a high end restaurant waiting for a waitress to take their orders. Lucas was nervous. There weren’t many times in his life he could say he was nervous, but this was definitely one of them. He wiped his hands on his pants and attempted to get Brookes attention away from the menu.

“Brooke…hey, can you put down the menu for a second. I wanna talk to you.”

She put down her menu and frowned.

“Is everything okay.”

He nodded, took a deep breath, and then lifted her hands in his.

“I love you Brooke Davis…”

She smiled, cut him off, and spoke in an amused voice.

“I love you too Lucas Scott.”

He nodded.

“We’ve been together on and off since we were fifteen and I want us to be together forever.”

Her eyes widened and she opened her mouth, but he shook his head as he reached into his pocket with one hand.

“Don’t. Let me finish. I know this is a bit sudden okay, but you know yesterday was a great day. I’m sitting at home and I get the call about my book and I was so happy. All I wanted to do was tell you and that’s when I realized that none of the great days in my life matter without you.”

He could see the tears in her eyes as he pulled out the velvet box and placed it on the table between them. Lucas gave her a lopsided grin and Brooke looked towards the box as he opened it. She gasped lightly. The ring was gorgeous. She could feel her heartbeat speed up.

Brooke was at a loss for words. She wasn’t sure she’d even be able to answer his question…if if ever asked one. She was torn from her thoughts by Lucas clearing his throat again. She looked back up at him.

“You’re the one I want next to me if when my dreams come true. You’re the one I want next to me if they don’t. As long as I have you…nothing else matters. Brooke Davis…will you marry me?”

She opened and closed her mouth a few times as Lucas sat there with anxiety written all over his face. He was scared she’d say no. They were only 19 and he was worried she’d think he was moving too fast. Lucas would never forgive himself if he messed this up.

Brooke watched him as she thought about his question. She was scared, but the truth was she couldn’t picture her life without Lucas. She loved him more than anything. A smile appeared on her face and Lucas seemed to relax. Her voice was soft at first before getting louder.

“Yes…YES!”

She laughed as a few stray tears fell down her cheeks and Lucas let out a sigh of relief as he leaned over and placed the ring on her finger before placed a chaste kiss on her lips. At that moment their waitress walked by and noticed the ring. She grinned at them.

“Well, well, congratulations!”

She started clapping, which got everyone’s attention. Lucas and Brooke smiled laughed as everyone started clapping. The waitress put her pad away before speaking.

“Champagne on the house. We have an engagement.”

And in that moment Lucas and Brooke couldn’t have been happier. After dinner they were walking along the street holding hands. Brooke was on cloud nine and Lucas…Lucas was enjoying the feeling of Brooke in his arms. They walked passed a park and a carriage passed them. It slowed down and the owner called out to them.

“Can I give you two a ride?”

Lucas glanced at Brooke and she nodded with excitement in her eyes. They walked towards the carriage and Lucas smiled at the man while he spoke.

“Why not, it is our engagement night.”

The owner of the carriage grinned at the couple and nodded.

“In that case, the ride’s free.”

They got in and settled in the seat. Lucas took the blanket and covered Brooke and himself with it. He wrapped an arm around her as they watched the scenery go buy.

“So what do you two have planned for your life together?”

Brooke clapped her hands in excitement and a wide smile graced her features. Lucas watched her with love in his eyes.

“Um, we’re going to be a power couple. He’s going to be a famous novelist and I’m going to have a fabulous fashion line.”

Lucas nodded and laughed.

“But we’re still going to have time to have a big family.”

Brooke looked at him and her smile warmed. She snuggled back against him.

“Two boys and a girl.”

Lucas looked down at her and nodded.

“And I’ll coach little league.”

Brooke giggled.

“Ooh and I’ll bake treats for the team…Or buy treats…”

She gave Lucas a sheepish smile and he laughed.

“Then we’ll spend our summers in our beach house.”

She nodded enthusiastically.

“And winters in the south of France.”

His eyes met hers and his voice turned serious at his next words.

“Whatever we do though…it won’t matter where we are…as long as we’re together.”

The owner of the carriage cut in.

“That’s the key. Success is wonderful, but finding someone to love and having them love you back… that’s is what it’s all about.”

Lucas and Brooke were lost in each other’s eyes as a light breeze blew around them. She mouthed ‘I love you’ to him and he did the same before their lips met. As they kissed in the carriage that night in the cold New York air, they had no clue what the future had in store for them, but whatever it was, they couldn’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)