March 3, 2011

Random Conversations (3/6)

Photobucket

Banner By: Franica

Conversation Two

Conversation Three
‘Random Conversations are Reassuring’




Oliver sat on the couch in his apartment, eyes glaring at the row of flowers covering his kitchen island. There were roses, tulips, several clusters of wild flowers, stuffed bears, several boxes of chocolate and even a few bags of freshly ground coffee.

He turned his head glancing at Chloe who sat in his reclining chair, blanket covering her body up to her waist, laptop open on her legs as she typed away. Her color was finally coming back and she didn’t look nearly as sickly as she had two days ago.

Oliver sighed to himself as his brows furrowed. He had failed her…yet again. That’s basically what it came down to. With the life they led he was probably the least qualified team member to keep her safe. The other day was proof of that. They’d been out minding their own business and spending the day together when they were attacked.

Long story short if AC hadn’t been in town, Chloe would have permanently joined the world of undersea creatures, something Oliver was still kicking himself for. Once their friend and fellow teammate had gotten her to safety Clark of course rushed in to save the day.

He had sped her to the hospital while Oliver took the car and got there twenty-five minutes later. Chloe had already been taken in and looked at. On the drive back to his place with prescriptions and instructions in tow, he’d stopped at the story and picked her up anything and everything she could possible need.

She had laughed at him and told him he was making a big deal out of nothing, she was fine. The part that got him the most was her comment about this not being the first time something like this happened and most likely wouldn’t be the last.

Ever since then Oliver had been wallowing. Chloe was right. They were attacked on almost a weekly basis and he couldn’t protect her. It was like the more he tried the worse off she was. It had been a long time since Oliver had wished he had a power like Clark, but now…well it was all too obvious that he was useless.

Being involved with Green Arrow and the rest of the team only brought danger to Chloe and he honestly didn’t even know why she bothered. He was pathetic. His thoughts were interrupted by a gust of wind causing him and Chloe to both glance up.

Bart grinned down at the blonde in the chair, a steaming cup of coffee in his hands. “Hola mamacita, I was finishing up a snatch and grab mission in Switzerland and they had this new brand of coffee I thought you might wanna try it.” He winked and Chloe’s heart warmed as she smiled at the younger man in front of her.

“Bart, that’s so sweet. Thank you.” He was reaching down to hand it to her when Oliver’s angry voice broke through the room. “That’s it…get out!” Startled Bart frowned before looking between Chloe and Oliver. She looked just as surprised as him by their leader’s outburst.

“Bossman I was just--”

“I don’t care what you were doing. First off its customary to knock when you come to someone’s place secondly I don’t need you to bring Chloe coffee…I can do that myself. I can important pounds of the stuff…and there’s a top of the line espresso machine right in the kitchen for her.”

Bart opened his mouth but Oliver shook his head and pointed to the door. He glanced at Chloe and she pursed her lips, finally taking the time to study Oliver’s face. He looked anxious and angry, but underneath that she could she a hint of hurt in his deep brown eyes.

She slid her gaze to Bart and nodded. “Thank you Bart, I really do appreciate it, but I actually just had a cup not too long ago.” The younger man frowned and nodded. “Sure, okay…I’ll just drink this one. Well I just wanted to make sure you were okay…I’ll see you later Chloelicious…bossman.”

His tone was slightly off as he moved towards the elevator. When Chloe heard it close and descend she turned back to Oliver closing her laptop and resting her arms lightly over her chest as she spoke in a calm voice. “Wanna tell me what’s going on in that head of yours and why you just yelled at Bart, who by the way idolizes you?”

Oliver winced and plopped back down on the couch dropping his head in his hands with a sigh. When he didn’t say anything Chloe shifted pushing the chair up so she was no longer reclining. “Oliver…” He lifted his head and she could see his lips forming what should have been an unattractive pout, but somehow he managed to pull it off.

“I’m sorry…I just…how can I compete with that?” He lifted his hands towards the elevator signaling to where the younger man had just exited. Chloe’s brows furrowed confusion clearly in her voice. “Compete with what?”

Oliver rolled his eyes before glancing at Chloe. “He runs across the country, hell internationally just to bring you coffee…and wild flowers from rain forests.” Startled recognition crossed her face as he spoke and she leaned forward. “Bart said he was doing a snatch and grab mission…”

Oliver made a face and snorted. “I’m sitting right here with you…does it look like I’ve been planning any snatch and grab missions? But that’s beside’s the point…AC was the one who saved you the other day…Victor is your outlet for all things computers. And Clark basically picks up the slack with everything else.”

He looked away from her and down at his hands. “We live a dangerous life and I can’t even protect my…” he faltered slightly, “you…which seriously leads me to question why you even bother keeping me around.” Chloe would have laughed at silliness of his statement and his pouting if she didn’t notice the seriousness in his eyes.

He honestly believed that she didn’t need him. With all the time that they’d been together she’d had a number of different insecurities that had come up and he always managed to handle them gracefully, but never would she have thought that Oliver Queen, didn’t feel good enough…or heroic enough to be with her.

She pushed her blanket aside and walked toward him. She sat down on the coffee table in front of him and nudged him in the knee until he looked up at her. She pursed her lips to gather her thoughts and then spoke softly, but sternly.

“I want you to pay attention to what I’m telling you right now, because I most likely won’t say it again due to the fact that your ego might get too big for me to handle.” There was a slight twitch of his lips at her words and she grinned.

“You Oliver Queen have it all wrong. Bart…AC…Victor…Clark…I care about all of them. They are my friends and sure they’ve got special abilities that let them run around the globe grabbing me coffee or catching me when I fall off a building, but they can’t possibly compete with you. Wanna know why?”

His face softened as she took his hand and Oliver squeezed it lightly the ghost of a smile on his lips as he spoke in whispered words.

“Why?” She grinned and leaned in as if she was telling him a secret. “Because they aren’t you. After everything that happened in the past…you made me step outside my tower and showed me how to live again…none of them would have been able to accomplish that. Some days I’m still surprised you’ve gotten through as much as you have and that you stuck around even though I tried to push you away.”

Oliver reached out and cupped her cheek, head tilting as he spoke. “Of course I did Sidekick…you’re worth it. No one gets me like you do.” She nodded and smiled. “Same here, and that’s why they can’t compete. They can’t make me smile like you…or laugh. They aren’t the people I come to when I’m hurt, happy or sad.”

She reached out a hand brushing a finger across his cheek, voice quite. “That’s something I reserve for you, and you alone.” Oliver swallowed hard as he stared in her eyes, honesty and warmth pouring from them. He leaned in resting his forehead against hers before placing a light kiss against her lips.

Chloe returned the kiss and deepened it, gripping his face and coaxing his mouth open with hers. He groaned into her mouth wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her off the table and onto his lap. When they pulled apart they were both breathing heavy and she gave him a wicked grin while shifting on his lap.

Chloe bent her head down, hot breath brushing against his ear. “Do you know why else I keep you around Romeo?” Oliver smirked as he hands roamed over her back. “Mmm ‘cause I’m absolutely amazing in bed…” She bit his lower lip gently before pulling back so she could see him.

“You got it in one.” He waggled his eyebrows as he gripped her ass in a tight grip and stood. She locked her legs around his waist and arms around his neck as he walked down the hall towards his room. “And in a minute I’m gonna get it in something else…”

Conversation Four

2 comments:

  1. Lol , that was hilarious... Poor , poor Bart , was shocked out of his mind , why he was being yelled at

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! :)